Coyotes logo tweaks

suplauren

Hi guys,

My friends are in a local sports team, and recently they released the logo they'll be using this season:

rWWUqWQ.jpg

I was a little saddened. A guy "helped" them by making... this. A very poorly done trace of the Coyotes' logo. I was curious as to what I could do with a remake of the 'Yotes, as their logo needs some help anyway. Here's what I came up with in about 2 hours:

tFZDfEY.gif

C&C welcome :)

Hi guys,

My friends are in a local sports team, and recently they released the logo they'll be using this season:

rWWUqWQ.jpg

I was a little saddened. A guy "helped" them by making... this. A very poorly done trace of the Coyotes' logo. I was curious as to what I could do with a remake of the 'Yotes, as their logo needs some help anyway. Here's what I came up with in about 2 hours:

tFZDfEY.gif

Looks familiar.

8lqmtthh0w2wgumr6goswqmki.gif

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Hi guys,

rWWUqWQ.jpg

tFZDfEY.gif

Looks familiar.

8lqmtthh0w2wgumr6goswqmki.gif

Yes, thats why it is called a logo tweak.

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Yes, thats why it is called a logo tweak.

Yeah, I get that. That's my point. It looks the same.

I actually changed some very specific things that have always bothered me about the Coyotes' logo.

1) The eye. It makes no sense where it is on the actual logo. The perspective they have it in puts it right on the bridge of the nose. Plus, wtf is going on with the shading? Nothing about the eye makes sense on the current logo.

2) The canine fangs. When a canid howls you can't see it's fangs, they get covered up by it's jowls. So I removed them.

3) The fur on the neck. I always thought it looked ragged and ugly, so I floofed it out and made it more solid.

I also redid the shading on most of the logo, since a lot of it was really just ugly to me or it didn't make sense. What's up with the stupid triangle shading on the bridge of its nose? And I tried to streamline shading in general. While I don't think I did a perfect job, I actually think I improved in many ways on the original Coyote's logo. It's definitely not the same.

I have to say this is a solid tweak, if it were altered to be a wolf, it would look perfect for the Sudbury Wolves alternate (at least thats what the idea and colours remind me of).

It would be interesting to see it coloured in Desert Sand and Sedona Red especially with the new "Arizona: Coyotes change for next season.

That's true. The eye placement on the original logo is in a weird spot and is a weird representation of an eye. Very strange.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived