oldschoolvikings

Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Falcons update 11/7/18

I love it, simple and clean. The Kelly green is awesome and the Jets should be using it yesterday. The only change I would suggest would be to add a helmet stripe that matches the pants, but it's definitely not lacking without it. 

Saving two elements from the current mess... the "Cleveland" jersey wordmark, and the number shadow. Bringing back the gray mask and stripe patterns from the old uniform, and adding an actual logo and a custom block font. Whaddya think?

brownfinal4_zpsh8inuiv4.png

Not a fan of the number font, they remind me of the score of a computer game from the 80's. The rest looks good. 

On 5/15/2018 at 1:39 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Not a fan of the number font, they remind me of the score of a computer game from the 80's. The rest looks good. 

Yeah, looking it over again, that font isn't really appropriate.  I think I just wanted to use it because I built it myself. Here's the same concept with a font I didn't build from scratch, but reworked and altered from an existing one;

brownfinal4_zpsuql3zvkl.png

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, looking it over again, that font isn't really appropriate.  I think I just wanted to use it because I built it myself. Here's the same concept with a font I didn't build from scratch, but reworked and altered from an existing one;

brownfinal4_zpsuql3zvkl.png

I hate and resent this concept because it’s so much better than the Browns’ real uniform. It’s an excellent combination of old and new, and gives them the chance to mix and match, which is one of the few attractive things about their current look. 

6 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

That's a solid design, I just don't think the Texans need silver. It kind of muddles the look

I get that.  I've just always been surprised that there's never been a silver/red/silver NFL team.  This way you could refer to them as THE... Houston Texans.

I like it! Having only orange socks is a good option, especially with the simple pants stripe. The new font fits well with the wordmark. Overall, it's far cleaner than anything the team has worn since the pre-tiger stripe helmet period. Good work.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I like it! Having only orange socks is a good option, especially with the simple pants stripe. The new font fits well with the wordmark. Overall, it's far cleaner than anything the team has worn since the pre-tiger stripe helmet period. Good work.

Yeah, I feel like NFL teams are so committed to the leotard look, the only thing to do is make sure that isn't even an option.

Pretty much perfect. It's all the bengals should do and 1000 times yes to the orange socks and only orange socks. They can't be trusted to wear the correct socks/pants combo if they have more than one option.

I'm stealing this one from myself.  This basic template I used for a Buccaneers' concept a few pages back... I thought I'd re-purpose it into a Ravens' concept...

raven2_zpsgspanina.png

On 6/18/2018 at 7:03 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm stealing this one from myself.  This basic template I used for a Buccaneers' concept a few pages back... I thought I'd re-purpose it into a Ravens' concept...

raven2_zpsgspanina.png

Um stealing from yourself? Uuuuh technically that isn't stealing

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think I've posted more Ravens' concepts than any other NFL team... just can't get completely satisfied. 

raven4_zpsu05b9sie.png

I love the idea of using the shoulder yoke. It gives an old school look but seems very modern for 2018. I also love the pants stripe and love that you dropped the "B" from the logo. Great concept!

I gotta say, the “Batman” look works even better on the Ravens than the ‘66 Steelers! Considering the Steelers keep passing on the chance to bring it back as a throwback, I guess someone oughta use it. I’ll have to click through all of them again some time, but this might be my favorite of all your Ravens concepts.