Vintage Mascot Logo Refresh- Update: Baltimore Orioles

suplauren

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey that reminds me - could do the same thing with this?

he0r2sbq6u7gr9i2th9q.gifpfiobtreaq7j0pzvadktsc6jv.gif

I was thinking about it. I think it'd be really difficult though... That full-body bird is in a completely different style from the actual logo, so I'd basically be redoing the whole logo from scratch

Well ya, but but I meant take the kind of shape for it and use the actual logo.

Nicely done. Specifically, I like how you incorporated the current Eagles logo into the body. I could really see this becoming a secondary logo for the team.

The only thing I see that could be tweaked a bit is the football. It looks a little flat compared to the rest of the logo.

Overall, I think you have done quality work here.

I agree that the football isn't that good. Do you have suggestions on how to make it look more 3D? Maybe a seam along the side or something?

I think you need to work on how the head (current logo) integrates to the body of the eagle. I think it is the black outline around the head that makes it look placed on top of the body. Maybe make those black strokes green and it should help.

I totally agree. I'm thinking of making the line weight the same as the line on the tail underside.

Not a request, but a dream I've had for a while. The Eagles are my favorite team, and I've always wanted to see an update of their old logo. I finally felt compelled to try one out.

Old:

eagles_thumb.gif

Mine:

53MOGkK.png

I'd love C&C, because I know certain parts are off (highlighting on the wings, integration of the head onto the body). Give me tips please! I want to make this as amazing as I can!

At the very least, you're going to have to drop or heavily alter the black behind the Eagle head, because it looks like a cut and paste of the logo on to the body, not a fully integrated logo. Drop the black, and "flare" in to the silver with green and that should work. Basically make the silver more like an outline with green cutting in to it - similar to how you did the tail - but I'm not sure if the black touching the silver works or not.

The wings should probably have more white on the ends with silver on the inside (similar to the tail) so they more closely resemble the helmet wings (not that they have to at all - it's just that it seems obvious here.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

At the very least, you're going to have to drop or heavily alter the black behind the Eagle head, because it looks like a cut and paste of the logo on to the body, not a fully integrated logo. Drop the black, and "flare" in to the silver with green and that should work. Basically make the silver more like an outline with green cutting in to it - similar to how you did the tail - but I'm not sure if the black touching the silver works or not.

The wings should probably have more white on the ends with silver on the inside (similar to the tail) so they more closely resemble the helmet wings (not that they have to at all - it's just that it seems obvious here.)

Wow, I didn't even think of the helmet wings, duh! I think it may end up looking a little odd but you're right, that is an obvious connection.

Wow, I didn't even think of the helmet wings, duh! I think it may end up looking a little odd but you're right, that is an obvious connection.

I would suggest that if you use the helmet wings, make them green. You could try the shading/shape, but they need to be green to match the old logo and make the white head stand out.

award%20sig.png

• 3 months later...

I posted this in the requests board, but I certainly like what I'm seeing here. Could you do the Carlsbad Cavemen?

The primary color on the C could be blue with the Caveman being white and silver. I'm sorry about the quality, but this is all I've got:

MohTrPR.jpg

You could use the Caveman on the left for reference.

765a76fe3320cffa317c16b1436cebb7.jpg

Thanks!

MwI2rht_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

a&mbanner1.png

CAPSHIELDbackground4.png

I feel like this is a baby-sized version of ren69's VINTAGE LOGOS thread. (being compared to ren69 is an amazing compliment)

I actually started it because I was inspired by Ren's thread :) The main difference for me is that my goal is to remake these logos as if the school or team was trying to rebrand with these concepts today, or to use these logos as alternates or on apparel. As I was making this Oriole's one, for example, I was imagining it being used on kid's and women's shirts, or snapbacks.

Archived