St. Joseph's Football

sc49erfan15

With Loyola Marymount down, here's St. Joseph's...

StJosephsFootball2.png

-Overall, in the concept, I tried to use more black than silver. I honestly think silver would look better, but Saint Joe's emphasizes black over silver, so...more black than silver.

-Winged helmet...I've been waiting to bust one of these out. St. Joseph's is in Philadelphia, so it seemed logical to me. I had to go with silver, because neither white, black, or red looked right...but I like the way it turned out.

-Black numbers on the home jersey, because that's how the basketball team does. The road jersey is intended to be worn with either the red or black pants. Black alternate, because, well, the black-over-silver thing. :D

I like it, hopefully you do too. C&C always accepted...thanks!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Once again, great job with the concept. I don't think I've seen one part of this series I didn't like. Is that the wordmark and the secondary on the shoulder?

Once again, great job with the concept. I don't think I've seen one part of this series I didn't like. Is that the wordmark and the secondary on the shoulder?

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY.

The only part of this I'm a little lost on is the (silver) socks. Well, on the alt away it ain't so bad. But hey, the Detroit Lions once tried that, so there you go. Thats really about the only thing that looks (sorta) out of place to me. Well...

...that and one other thing. It may have just been the template you're using, and I noticed this about your previous concepts (along with the posts of a few other members), but the one shoulder is rounded and the other's flatlined. That's been seriously messin with me. Make it look like whoever wearing this might got elephantitis in the left shoulder or somethin. But that's just me nitpicking.

As was said earlier, though, absolutely sweet concept! :peace:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hmmm, all that black just doesn't seem to befit a concept for Saint Joe's. But if that's what they use, it looks like you did the best you could with what you had to work with. I almost would have tried red or white pants with the home jerseys instead of black, I think it would look better and make your concept not seem so dark.

QPR%20Sig.png

Hmmm, all that black just doesn't seem to befit a concept for Saint Joe's. But if that's what they use, it looks like you did the best you could with what you had to work with. I almost would have tried red or white pants with the home jerseys instead of black, I think it would look better and make your concept not seem so dark.

Agreed. The black pants are my main problem with this concept. With the away jersey, they leave you with very little maroon in the set, even though that is the color that most people associate with St. Joe's. With the maroon jerseys, the set looks very dark, especially in light of the black numbers on the maroon jersey.

Otherwise, I like the helmet. Very fitting, as you pointed out. I also like the away set with the maroon pants.

Finally, I want to thank bucco_B for making it difficult for me to look at this template with out noticing the odd shoulder . . . which I had never noticed before. :mad:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This is an awesome set....Personally, I like all of the uniforms....I'm not that crazy about the "wing" logo on the helmet though, because it reminds me too much of the Philly Eagles and the old Rice helmet....I was thinking more of the hawk head, but then it would look too much like the SE Missouri St. helmet...The wing is different enough to differentiate it from the Eagles logo....

Nice job dude!!! Looking forward to the next one, whoever that may be....

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

I don't like the darkness of the home, but I understand it is what St. Joe's has been using for basketball. The winged helmet looks great. My favorite is the away road one because of how the black and white fit together with the red.

Awesome...thanks guys. Main problem with this one (other than the template, which I've noticed too...the outside shoulder and the inside sleeve suck. It's hard to squeeze the number into the small sleeve space, which usually ends up with me making two differently sized numbers. I'm gonna get on editing that template for the next team.)

Anyway, main problem away from that seems to be the home uni and its darkness. I'm with you guys, silver pants would look much better...it was a battle between "what looks better" and "what they would use"...and "what they would use" prevailed.

So, I'm thinking that barring any breakthroughs, this one's done...thanks again!

[edit] Oh, and yeah, that is the secondary and wordmark...it's a logo of its own, but I separated them into a secondary and a wordmark, because it looked sorta cluttered.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived