Houston Texans Concept

elliott

I look at these, and they just don't work.

They look like the really cheap fashion jerseys you'd see people buying at like Wal-Mart.

I agree, but I think that this can be easily fixed.

The "cheap" factor IMHO comes from the collar. Go with a more professional looking collar, include the NFL Equipment logo, and it would look a ton better. Actually, you may want to think about transferring this to a more traditional template - that may help with the collar presentation too. Your template looks great, and could be used to supplement an "on field" type of template, but on its own doesn't give a good representation of what the jersey would actually look like. It's more like how you'd see a jersey laid out in an Eastbay catalog.

Also, there's nothing really wrong with putting the logo under the collar, though traditionally that's where a wordmark would go. The Texans current jerseys (along with your concept) are pretty plain (though that's better than being gaudy) and I definitely think that the logo helps. I'd just probably put it on the sleeve instead of the collar. Put the logo on the sleeve, then maybe slide the numbers up.

Also, I get why you used so many different pants, but it is just too much. I'd either keep the top two (red panel), then reverse the colors on the white jersey - blue numbers with red sides (or red and red) OR do a blue panel on the blue jerseys (with just the white outline), go with the bottom pants, and keep the white jersey as is. Either way, you risk looking too much like the Patriots or Bills, but with Houston's colors, that may be unavoidable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not really that bad, actually.

First off - I love the red numbers on the navy jersey. I always like teams willing to go with non-white numbers on their dark jerseys. IMO the Patriots' best look was the first iteration of the Flying Elvis series of uniforms, with the red USC-style numbers, outlined white, on royal blue. So bonus points for that alone.

The biggest handicap on these is that gaudy cowhead at the neck. As BBTV said, the NFL Equipment tag goes at the point of the collar. And if you MUST put something else around the neck, a small wordmark would be more in line with the image the NFL wants to project.

Philosophically, while these look OK, the sleeves are a little plain. The only splash of color outside the body of the uniform is under the armpits. Is that really where you want attention to be focused? The small darts of color at the Texans' shoulders is one of the nice little touches that makes their look so solid. There isn't anything from the color to the sleeve numbers. That works for teams like the Raiders or Giants, but not a team like the Texans.

Also... 4 pants? For 16 games? That cost money to make, but that no one buys at the team store? Sounds like a bad idea for many reasons.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Not really that bad, actually.

First off - I love the red numbers on the navy jersey. I always like teams willing to go with non-white numbers on their dark jerseys. IMO the Patriots' best look was the first iteration of the Flying Elvis series of uniforms, with the red USC-style numbers, outlined white, on royal blue. So bonus points for that alone.

The biggest handicap on these is that gaudy cowhead at the neck. As BBTV said, the NFL Equipment tag goes at the point of the collar. And if you MUST put something else around the neck, a small wordmark would be more in line with the image the NFL wants to project.

Philosophically, while these look OK, the sleeves are a little plain. The only splash of color outside the body of the uniform is under the armpits. Is that really where you want attention to be focused? The small darts of color at the Texans' shoulders is one of the nice little touches that makes their look so solid. There isn't anything from the color to the sleeve numbers. That works for teams like the Raiders or Giants, but not a team like the Texans.

Also... 4 pants? For 16 games? That cost money to make, but that no one buys at the team store? Sounds like a bad idea for many reasons.

I don't care for the concept, but I dig the original template.

These are really an improvement over what they have now, but the Texans have probability have the best uniforms to come out of the NFL in the past 5 or so years. If it was any other team that has come out with uniform redesigns since 2002 I would say upgrade minus the collar logo.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Archived