Atlanta Avengers concept

CJworks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, this doesnt make sense to me.

Atlanta is surrounded by a good 150 mile diameter by nothing but rolling hills and woods...a good bit of lakes.

Some things you could consider

Lakers... alot of lakes surround Atlanta... you have Oconee, Allatoona, Lake Lanier which is a major tourist attraction just north west...

River(something)...- anything that has to do with a river...the Chattahoochee River is a major river down here that runs right through north Atlanta.

Bottlers- a good name for a baseball team... where the Coca Cola Factory is... (Pepsi is against Baptist religion im pretty sure :) )

Generals- always can associate Atlanta with the civil war... you had the march to the Ocean and the burning of Atlanta (im pretty sure that is why our first hockey team was called the Flames). Also, the famous Stone Mountain has the confederate generals carved into the side of it.

Falcons, Hawks or Thrashers...or any other synonym for a flying predator .... okay, kidding

Also if you want to be comical, we are known for having the worst drivers and the worst traffic in the US...could prolly pull something out of that.

Alright. So i redid the whole concept; new team name, logo, everything. I took the Civil War idea and ran with it and decided to name it the Atlanta Attackers; I thought the use of alliteration worked with this idea. So here are the logos i came up with:

ATLscript-1.jpgNew logo, tried to keep it clean

ATLlogo2-1.jpgA for Atlanta with a sword (weapon used during CW)through it

ATLhat.jpgPossible cap

ATLlogo1.jpgPossible sleeve patch; It's the Confederate flag on a baseball diamond background, again tying into the CW theme.

Tell me what you guys think. (Sorry for the size of the pictures, i'm new to this.)EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it =) :blink:

better name idea...Avengers? the "T" sound in Attackers is a highly stressed sound...and it basically defeats the alliteration ironically enough.

the "V" in Avengers is soft, and it makes the alliteration work.

As far as the logos...much better...but down here in Atlanta anything with red ribbons crossing and stars can offend...well...a majority of the population. No offense to anyone. Just saying, try not to make your concepts look like the confederate flag.

We even had our state flag changed b/c of that reason.

Still, with implications aside...looks pretty solid

better name idea...Avengers? the "T" sound in Attackers is a highly stressed sound...and it basically defeats the alliteration ironically enough.

the "V" in Avengers is soft, and it makes the alliteration work.

As far as the logos...much better...but down here in Atlanta anything with red ribbons crossing and stars can offend...well...a majority of the population. No offense to anyone. Just saying, try not to make your concepts look like the confederate flag.

We even had our state flag changed b/c of that reason.

Still, with implications aside...looks pretty solid

Alright, good point. i'll see what i can stir up and have them up by tomorrow. As for now, i'm calling it a night

I think the Civil War idea is great. But I agree with B-B, the Confederate flag offends a lot of people. I know it's a part of history and there are a lot of people that have "southern pride". I recently took a trip to Alabama and I was really surprised to see that this guy had his garage door painted like the Confederate flag, I mean, I don't know if it was a pride thing, or just straight up ignorant, but it surprised me to see people go to incredible lengths like that. Again, I know it's a part of history, and it doesn't offend me personally, and I know you weren't trying to offend anyone, but I can see why people would be. I'm glad you're scrapping the flag idea for something else. I look forward to see what you come up with.

I think the Civil War idea is great. But I agree with B-B, the Confederate flag offends a lot of people. I know it's a part of history and there are a lot of people that have "southern pride". I recently took a trip to Alabama and I was really surprised to see that this guy had his garage door painted like the Confederate flag, I mean, I don't know if it was a pride thing, or just straight up ignorant, but it surprised me to see people go to incredible lengths like that. Again, I know it's a part of history, and it doesn't offend me personally, and I know you weren't trying to offend anyone, but I can see why people would be. I'm glad you're scrapping the flag idea for something else. I look forward to see what you come up with.

Well, I dont know about "ignorant"... but people with confederate flags on their door are just kind of stubborn traditionalists.

The rural areas in Georgia, Alabama, etc. have alot of people who see the flag as a symbol of the confederate triumph...and I get that. But, honestly...no symbol of a Civil War should last through a culture.

And in a perfect world, no symbol of any type of cultural dominance over another should exist... there i am on a humanitarian tangent...but we live in a sick world that cannot compromise.

But...yes, the confederate flag as a bad idea. But, it looked good. I feel like we are giving you a hard time on what you did rather than praising some pretty good work, and this is a sports concept forum not a political stomping ground.

Well, I dont know about "ignorant"... but people with confederate flags on their door are just kind of stubborn traditionalists.

The rural areas in Georgia, Alabama, etc. have alot of people who see the flag as a symbol of the confederate triumph...and I get that. But, honestly...no symbol of a Civil War should last through a culture.

And in a perfect world, no symbol of any type of cultural dominance over another should exist... there i am on a humanitarian tangent...but we live in a sick world that cannot compromise.

But...yes, the confederate flag as a bad idea. But, it looked good. I feel like we are giving you a hard time on what you did rather than praising some pretty good work, and this is a sports concept forum not a political stomping ground.

Hmm... very well put. I agree with you on pretty much everything you wrote.

interesting.

the bird reccomendation was actually kind of a joke, haha, Atlanta has 3 teams named after them.

and call me uninformed, but what is a Tanager?

My honest opinion is you would have done best with a civil war theme...just without any crosses and stars :rolleyes:

or, again, I think the Atlanta Bottlers would be a great name for a baseball team...esp a minor league team.

but nonetheless...you have put a buttload of work into these designs...and I can tell you are using MS paint, so the work is impressive and appreciated.

I worked with ms paint for over a year and never was good at making scripts, logos, etc.

interesting.

the bird reccomendation was actually kind of a joke, haha, Atlanta has 3 teams named after them.

and call me uninformed, but what is a Tanager?

My honest opinion is you would have done best with a civil war theme...just without any crosses and stars :rolleyes:

or, again, I think the Atlanta Bottlers would be a great name for a baseball team...esp a minor league team.

but nonetheless...you have put a buttload of work into these designs...and I can tell you are using MS paint, so the work is impressive and appreciated.

I worked with ms paint for over a year and never was good at making scripts, logos, etc.

I liked the bird idea, even if they already have 3 teams. I liked the civil war theme, i'm just giving myself a variety to work with.

And a tanager is an average to small bird with rounded wings, and it could also be known as a 'perching bird'. Read about it before and is said to be common in Atlanta. I based this concept on a Scarlet Tanager

Yea, I am using MS paint, haha. It gets frustrating, especially when it turns your projects watercolor-ey when you post your images!!! :cursing:

There's nothing inherently wrong with the Southern Flag, as it symbolizes a lot more than simply slavery, which is unfortunately what the entirely confederacy's legacy has become to the average American. If you know anything about the Civil War, you know slavery was not nearly as large an issue it is made out to be... so the Confederate Flag shouldn't be taboo just as the American and English and German and every other civilization's flag that at one time practiced slavery shouldn't be taboo.

Having said that, there are many, many ignorant people who will put a Confederate flag bumper sticker on their car without any knowledge of what it stands for, for some abstract feeling of pride or rebellion. If only to avoid attracting those type of people to the team, I wouldn't make the flag a large part of the motif, but the Civil War theme is interesting... if you want to go back to that, I would advise using a sword that looks like the kind used during the period (sabers) or perhaps a bayonet.

Also, try not to save the concepts as JPEGs, which lead to compression and overall loss of quality.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the Southern Flag, as it symbolizes a lot more than simply slavery, which is unfortunately what the entirely confederacy's legacy has become to the average American. If you know anything about the Civil War, you know slavery was not nearly as large an issue it is made out to be... so the Confederate Flag shouldn't be taboo just as the American and English and German and every other civilization's flag that at one time practiced slavery shouldn't be taboo.

Having said that, there are many, many ignorant people who will put a Confederate flag bumper sticker on their car without any knowledge of what it stands for, for some abstract feeling of pride or rebellion. If only to avoid attracting those type of people to the team, I wouldn't make the flag a large part of the motif, but the Civil War theme is interesting... if you want to go back to that, I would advise using a sword that looks like the kind used during the period (sabers) or perhaps a bayonet.

Also, try not to save the concepts as JPEGs, which lead to compression and overall loss of quality.

What should i save them as?

Archived