Atlanta Avengers concept

CJworks

I do like the Tanagers set, but like it's been said above, Atlanta already has three bird teams. The logos are very nice for MS Paint, I know how hard it is to use it (I recommend downloading Paint.NET it's like Paint, but only better), and I love the colors. And as Nole said, always save as .png.

When you're finished with your work click Save As instead of Save and change the .jpg to .png in the drop-down menu (or simply write [concept name].png).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do like the Tanagers set, but like it's been said above, Atlanta already has three bird teams. The logos are very nice for MS Paint, I know how hard it is to use it (I recommend downloading Paint.NET it's like Paint, but only better), and I love the colors. And as Nole said, always save as .png.

When you're finished with your work click Save As instead of Save and change the .jpg to .png in the drop-down menu (or simply write [concept name].png).

Alright, Civil War theme it is :D

Alright thanks, Civil War theme it is :D Any suggestions before i get started?(sorry for the double post)

Do an Abraham Lincoln logo. No, no, no, that's already been done, and it would be extremely hard in MS Paint.

To be really creative though, you could do an anaconda as a representation of the Anaconda Plan. I was thinking of having the snake wrapped around the base of an American flag, like it was holding it up or protecting it. That's just one crazy idea I had though. You could do a lot with this concept.

Good luck!

Alright thanks, Civil War theme it is :D Any suggestions before i get started?(sorry for the double post)

Do an Abraham Lincoln logo. No, no, no, that's already been done, and it would be extremely hard in MS Paint.

To be really creative though, you could do an anaconda as a representation of the Anaconda Plan. I was thinking of having the snake wrapped around the base of an American flag, like it was holding it up or protecting it. That's just one crazy idea I had though. You could do a lot with this concept.

Good luck!

Here's a basic sketch of it. What do you think?ATLA.png

I really like it. You need to add more detail and color to the anaconda though, and obviously you know that. I would suggest, since anacondas are kind of yellowish with black spots, that you could color the snake the same color as the yellow from the Georgia state flag, and then use the same blue for spots.

Here are some photos for reference:

anaconda-info0.gif

anaconda_big.jpg

I'm not so sure on the font at the bottom though, and if you took that out then there would be a lot of white space from the circle. So maybe you could take that out. I think you could come up with a cool script based on this whole snake idea. Using the Tucson Sidewinders as a reference perhaps. Since the team name doesn't start with an 'S' or 'C' or other curved letter you might have trouble finding a place for the snake to begin wrapping around the script (unless, that is, you start from the 'S' at the back). Or you could take note of the D-Backs script and try to incorporate fangs 'A' would be an easy letter for that and you use quite a few of those, you can also look at how 'Arizona' is written on the D-Backs uniforms. Those are just some ideas for scripts.

Just my 2 cents, take from it what you wish.

I can't wait to see an update!

I really like it. You need to add more detail and color to the anaconda though, and obviously you know that. I would suggest, since anacondas are kind of yellowish with black spots, that you could color the snake the same color as the yellow from the Georgia state flag, and then use the same blue for spots.

Here are some photos for reference:

anaconda-info0.gif

anaconda_big.jpg

I'm not so sure on the font at the bottom though, and if you took that out then there would be a lot of white space from the circle. So maybe you could take that out. I think you could come up with a cool script based on this whole snake idea. Using the Tucson Sidewinders as a reference perhaps. Since the team name doesn't start with an 'S' or 'C' or other curved letter you might have trouble finding a place for the snake to begin wrapping around the script (unless, that is, you start from the 'S' at the back). Or you could take note of the D-Backs script and try to incorporate fangs 'A' would be an easy letter for that and you use quite a few of those, you can also look at how 'Arizona' is written on the D-Backs uniforms. Those are just some ideas for scripts.

Just my 2 cents, take from it what you wish.

I can't wait to see an update!

I like the way you think, Heitert ^_^. Any suggestions for the script color?

Alright, take a step back for a moment. What are you creating: a sports logo or an illustration? It seems that right now you're trying to do both, and that never works.

Your enthusiasm is fine, but right now you're all over the place. It might be time to stop posting stuff up quickly and do some studying. Ask yourself some questions: Are there certain styles of logos you prefer? What makes them good? What is the premise for this fictitious team? Take these answers and apply them to your work.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

While I do agree with Mockba on the logo/illustration point, I still think that you're on the right path. I think the reason that these are sort of looking like illustrations is the fact that you're using shadow effects on the flag and the sword and such and that's just creating another color in the whole image. I guess that's sort of what I was trying to say when I talked about taking out the circle and font in your first logo, and making the snake more defined and colorful. Also, you're using very thin outlines. Most logos use very thick, defined outlines.

I like what you've done with the script and the sword idea is perfect, but it's just the sword that's a little off. I think you're trying to take the image of a sword too literally. Take a look at some sword logos (i.e. the Bucs) and see how the sword isn't taken too literal and it looks more logo-esque.

Still though, I love how you're committed to working on this. Keep up the good work. I'll keep checking back for updates. ^_^

Yeah, this is looking pretty good. I'm not really sure what to tell you as far as uniforms go because you can do so much. The main question would be: are you going to create a home and away script to use on the jersey, or are you going to use one of the logos and put it up in the corner of the home jersey? If so you'd still have to create road script. Pinstripes? Vest? Take these things into consideration. The category of baseball isn't really my forte, so just play around with some ideas, take a look at other teams and see what you can come up with.

not to knock back another one of your posts...ive never seen anyone post for stuff and work so hard...but this reminds me of the Cleveland Cavs brand a lil bit.

Wow, it does. I thought it looked kinda familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. I guess that's what I get for caring nothing at all about basketball. It is only the colors mixing with the flag and the 'A' logo though, I think you could fix to work around it.

Don't give up! Keep workin' on it, you'll produce a nice looking concept if you keep applying yourself.

Archived