Baseball Club logos - Monash Uni

DeadFish

Hi

Would love to get some feedback on some logo concepts for my baseball club in Australia - Monash University Farmers

Our colours are Navy and sky blue. When I joined the club (1994), the logo included a pig and a cow on either side of "Farmers" in a script font. Originally, I believe, they were clip-art. I later replaced these with original drawings, but original files have been lost and the newsletter had been sporting a poor quality jpg, so it was felt it was time for an update.

I produced a few concepts, with the following the most popular.

mastheadweb.jpg

cpweb.jpg

Hi

Would love to get some feedback on some logo concepts for my baseball club in Australia - Monash University Farmers

Our colours are Navy and sky blue. When I joined the club (1994), the logo included a pig and a cow on either side of "Farmers" in a script font. Originally, I believe, they were clip-art. I later replaced these with original drawings, but original files have been lost and the newsletter had been sporting a poor quality jpg, so it was felt it was time for an update.

I produced a few concepts, with the following the most popular.

mastheadweb.jpg

cpweb.jpg

These aren't really "logos". They're charming drawings, but are too detailed to be logos. Good logos are usually simple and iconic. Logos that involve mascots generally have thick / powerful lines, and the mascots are rendered in a much more simple way (usually using more basic shapes), so the resulting logo can be reproduced on different media, such as print, web, and merchandise (imagine your logo having to be sewn into something.) Your top one looks like it could be a banner for a web site, but I'm not sure about it being a primary logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I echo what BringBackTheVet says about it not being a logo but an illustration. It has great potential. With a little simplification and broad strokes and maybe a little added color, you could have an excellent logo. Look at sports logos and try to figure out what makes them logos. How much shading do they use? How many colors? The drawing includes great likenesses of the animals. With a unique name like farmers, you could use all kind of cool imagery like pitchforks, tractors, hay bails(sp), etc. I'd like to see this concept developed a little more.

Great effort!

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback, I had hoped to put some of your suggestions to work and play with the ideas, but suddenly got very busy. Hopefully will in the not too distant future (we are in our off-season, so I guess I've got time to spare).

... Your top one looks like it could be a banner for a web site, but I'm not sure about it being a primary logo.

The top one was actually intended as a newsletter masthead

• 4 weeks later...

Archived