First attempt at a concept...

WJMorris3

Folks, I'm quite new at this - admittedly, based off the Nike football template, here we have new uniforms for the U.C.F. Golden Knights. (They'd keep their current helmets.)

Home (Black) uniform

Road (White) uniform

Let the criticism begin.

(By the way, the jerseys say "KNIGHTS" on the back for a reason -- it's not where the players' last name would go - they'd ALL say "KNIGHTS". I believe Pacific Lutheran used to do that. :) )

LvZYtbZ.png

Welcome to the CCSLC! Make sure to have a look at the TFAQ, and enjoy browsing around the boards as you get involved in the community!

I've always thought a concept is a terrific way to introduce yourself to the community, and what you've posted here is not bad at all, especially for a start!

From a uniform standpoint, my only gripe would be that there might be a little too much white on thehome uniform. You've used an interesting, yet legible number font, in decent proportion (maybe a little big) compared to the rest of the jersey, bravo to that.

From a quality standpoint, it's obvious you're using Paint (or some similar program), so we won't be too harsh.

From a creative standpoint, it's not bad for your first time. You have to learn to crawl before you can walk or run... in the future, you might consider using a more versatile template (just look around a bit, see what kind of template you might like) where you're not so stuck with one jersey cut (in this case, the Broncos'). Then you can really start getting creative!

In conclusion... excellent work for your first design. Keep it up!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Now I just have to ask this one, but...

What do you think of the idea of putting the team name on the back where the players' names usually go, as opposed to putting an identifier on the front?

LvZYtbZ.png

It makes for a good "team unity" statement, that's for sure... I don't know how it would fly in real life, though.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

We've got it on our football unis for the school I play for. I say it looks good but I play for them, so I say anything that is green and gold and has "Lions" on it looks good :P But it's unique, so I think it would work in real life

But anyways, I like the concept, even though it screams FUBU to me

It's a nice start but I think the number's would be too hard to make out once the game began. Good start though. Of course I gotta disagree about the name on the back. It just looks weird to me.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It makes for a good "team unity" statement, that's for sure... I don't know how it would fly in real life, though.

Utah State did it in the 80's - that I know for certain.

Good start.

Best thing about your concept: The unique number font. I wish more football teams would play with their number font. Block numbers is good for some teams, but many would benefit from making a change.

Worst thing: The Denver Broncos-style stripes (the ones that converge to a point at either side of the neck). Does EVERY person posting a first football concept have to use these? They are fine, but only for Denver. No other teams.

Apart from that, looks promising. I would like to see the pictures made a lot smaller, so I don't have to scroll to see the whole thing. Take a look at the size of concepts that others post here, and try to match that.

Archived