College Football in the fictional nation of Minnekota

Davidellias

INTRODUCTION

Minnekota is a region I am currently building, using Sim City 4. Minnekota is a small but powerful, agrarian nation somewhere on a fictional planet way out in space. Big Souix Country is based off of Minnesota and the Dakotas, and has a history lasting back to the lands purchasing in the 1880s. Football and sports in general play an important part in the countries culture and this will be a uniform showcase of College Football. College Football in Minnekota country is as tradition laden as the SEC, as endearing as the B1G and as vibrant and extravagant as the PAC-12. We start our journey in the center of it all (literally!) Vaduz County (Minnekota is divided up into counties rather then states)

VADUZ COUNTY

Located where the Karns River meets the Patrick and Kinnicilic rivers, Vaduz County is located in the central Minnekota and is home to three colleges. Vaduz University and Central A&M are Class 1 powers while Arkasdam College is a Class II favorite. The success of these school is attributed to the fact these schools are located in one of the best High School football areas in the country. With powerhouses Fullertown East and Briar Patch Northeast dominating the HS landscape, Vaduz offers a close to home alternative for players in the area.

In the next update we will look at the uniforms of the three colleges and learn about there design and their history.

For a teaser here's Vaduz University's logo ;)

GmsAAYa.jpg

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

1 of 3

VADUZ UNIVERSITY NIGHTHAWKS

LOGO

IuEf06l.jpg

Home

oqBtWrH.jpg

AWAY

sAk3YV6.jpg

ALTS

TNy5mK1.jpg

INFO

By far the most popular of the three universities in Vaduz, The Nighthawks started football in 1934, but didn't get the nickname "Nighthawks" until 1972. OriginallyThe story goes that in 1952 the trio of QB Johnny Running Bear, RB Ben Desmond and FB James Collin formed a powerful trio, but they ran into schedule issues with their schooling, thus they ended up taking night courses. This lead to a nickname in the student paper called the "Nighthawks". Eventually this nickname was given to any Vaduz U Backfield and eventually in 72 it became so popular the school adopted it.

The current uniform/school identity has been around since 09. It uses sky blue and c dark Gray as its primary colors. On the shoulders of the uniform are two yellow eyes, like the ones on the schools primary logo.

2 of 3

CENTRAL A&M BEAVERS

LOGO

fIQ5xAy.jpg

Home

u2H6SMV.jpg

AWAY\

tmiHktv.jpg

ALTS

fWmQCdd.jpg

KtXEZW3.jpg

INFO

Known as Vaduz U's little brother, CA&MU has never been able to obtain success on the gridiron that VU has, they do have 1994. In 1994 CA&MU went undefeated and won the national title. In order to celebrate the 20th anniversary of that team, CA&MU is wearing Silver uniforms

The uniforms have been universally panned for being too "high-schoolish" and "generic", but critics do agree the striping pattern designed to look a beavers buck teeth is fairly unique

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

3 of 3

ARKASDAM COLLEGE FLYING DUTCHMEN

Logo

j71o86R.jpg

HOME

8wSHC6L.jpg

AWAY

DIwtJTZ.jpg

INFO

Founded in 1979 by Dutch born construction magnete who lived in Fullertown,Vaduz ; Arkasdam was designed to fill a need in the Higher education in Vaduz. You see CA&MU was an Ag school and VU was a Lib Art school. Arkasdam was founded as an Engineering and Architectur school. They fieleded their first team in 1980 and soon turned into a small school power house. it should also be noted that despite playing small school level football. They play at the same stadium Fullertown's professional football team plays at.

Their uniforms are pretty simplistic and there's not much else to say about it. aside from the copiuos amounts of Orange.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

First off, you should probably know how to spell the word the name of your fictional planet. A quick google search would've told you that it's "Sioux." Unless you intentionally changed the spelling. The concepts are clean enough, but feel pretty bland and uninspired, especially with no helmet logos.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It started off as a Typo, but after I realized it was I kept it spelled that way (Now watch me start accidentally spelling it correct)

Also this is far from dead! I have two schools done and am currently working on a third.

So look for a future update with the following schools.

Air Force Pilots

Coleman Redbirds

West Goldwyn University (TBA)

Also, here's a map of the Big Souix region.

duiwSKG.png

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Big Souix Country is a region I am currently building, using Sim City 4.

College Football in Big Suoix country is as tradition laden as the SEC

Never seen Sioux misspelled so many ways. You even misspelled your own misspelling (Souix and Suoix). Maybe start with a name that doesn't trip you up. And not correcting the spelling "just because" is pretty lame.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Interesting idea. For Vaduz, The eyes need to be changed. They look cross-eyed. Here's a ref pic for you:

hawk-symbolism-21365306.jpg

Also you should change the nostrils or get rid of them, they get totally lost on any dark background.

Central looks very clean, no critiques there!

For the Arkasdam logo, I'm not a fan of the gradient. I'd ditch that, and play around with the shape of the right part of the logo to give it more motion. Maybe make it look feathered, in a Philly Flyers style.

WSU151: I did originally have the region called "Minnekota". I Am going to change it to that, it's probably easier for me to remember :P?

suplauren: Probably won't do any changes, but I will keep those changes in mind for if do go back and make fixes. I do need to fix Arkasdam's home though. They should have numbers on the home helmet, must have forgot to turn on that layer or something. I will saw for Vaduz, the eyes are like that cause I wanted them to look "focused". I dunno how they ended up looking cross-eyed.

AIR FORCE PILOTS

Logo

s2DIMVa.jpg

Home

sWikyYe.jpg

Away

LhVox5W.jpg

INFO

Formed in 1950, Air Force's College athletic program has been one of the better programs in not just football, but other sports. In the late 70s and early 80s coach Bob Lucas won three title using his unique "Run Wild" Offense (similar to the spread option in current football). It should be noted that the military academies in Minnekota work different then America. In Minnekota you spend four years in school, then you either go ull time or spend 2 additional years as a reservist.

As for the uniforms the logo is actually the roundel used by the Air Force, they gray was introduced in 1980 and represents the color most of the fighter jets in Minnekota are painted. The Green and Yellow are the national colors.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Minnekota U - Coleman Redbirds

Logo

FQlpIzl.jpg

Home

4whdVns.jpg

Away

8bbSkoX.jpg

INFO

The Coleman county campus, which is just a few miles east of Air Forces campus, is a brand new school that was opened in 2013. 2014 will be the first year of Coleman Football as they play as Class II independent. A brutal opening schedule will start with D-II powerhouse Arkasdam, a breather in the home opener against tiny Borderline Bible College, and a game against neighboring Air Force. As for the uniforms, I tried multiple times to actually make a bird head, but scratched both attempts. I am actually really happy how this turned out with the "Winged C" logo. I also plan doing something to Minnekota U that the Cal and Cal State systems do and keep the athletic colors the same throughout the school campuses. In this case its a sky blue and red scheme.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Just FYI, the UCs are all blue and gold, but each one has their own slightly different hues. The Cal States have unique color schemes for different campuses (SDSU is red and black, Fullerton is blue and orange, Chico is red and white, ect)

How have I never noticed this? That just blew my mind...

With the Coleman helmets, you show the wings on the back, but they don't extend very far on the side-view. But I like what you've done with Coleman and Air Force!

Just FYI, the UCs are all blue and gold, but each one has their own slightly different hues. The Cal States have unique color schemes for different campuses (SDSU is red and black, Fullerton is blue and orange, Chico is red and white, ect)

How have I never noticed this? That just blew my mind...

Easiest one to notice it is with UCLA, obviously. But check out their wikipedia pages and there are details for each school's colors. UCSB is Pacific Blue and Gaucho Gold :)

WEST GOLDWYN U STORM

om6lube.jpg

Logo

lQ0qrrj.jpg

Home

09t83WV.jpg

Away

j8qwTv9.jpg

ALT

INFO

Not much history with this team, although they do have a well known rivalry with neighboring county school East Goldwyn U. As for the design, it wasn't till I was just pass half-way done, I realized I had just made a Furman logo rip-off :P. That being said this is one of my favorite uniforms I've made!

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Archived