Division 1 (FBS and FCS) Redesigns and Tweaks (Feedback Needed) (AAC Part 1)

__taylorc

Excellent job on the Georgia State uniforms. :) Plus, cool number font, which I wanna curiously know what it is or what's it based on.

I believe that I used the Seattle Seahawks font for these uniforms

I knew it looked familiar. Thanks for letting me know. By the way, is there a font similar to it? Anyways, cool stripe sleeves, nearly shades of the Cincinnati Bengals' sleeves.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent job on the Georgia State uniforms. :) Plus, cool number font, which I wanna curiously know what it is or what's it based on.

I knew it looked familiar. Thanks for letting me know. By the way, is there a font similar to it? Anyways, cool stripe sleeves, nearly shades of the Cincinnati Bengals' sleeves.

There is a ton of Modernized Block numbers out there I cant name all of them, its kinda lazy on my part to use the seahawks font but i didnt really think it would be such a huge deal

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

There is a ton of Modernized Block numbers out there I cant name all of them, its kinda lazy on my part to use the seahawks font but i didnt really think it would be such a huge deal

No disrespect to the traditional block number font, but I personally like the modern fonts that are used on most sports jerseys as of now. Speaking of Modernized block fonts, the Virgina Tech number font from 2008 was a true example! I think it's known as Blacksburg Bold font, which was a legit font (in my opinion, it should had stayed in VT). But the only traditional block font I can admire most is the one that was used on the 1997-2012 Miami Dolphins uniform set (I think it's ITC Machine Bold or a modified version of Pro Block).

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

No disrespect to the traditional block number font, but I personally like the modern fonts that are used on most sports jerseys as of now. Speaking of Modernized block fonts, the Virgina Tech number font from 2008 was a true example! I think it's known as Blacksburg Bold font, which was a legit font (in my opinion, it should had stayed in VT). But the only traditional block font I can admire most is the one that was used on the 1997-2012 Miami Dolphins uniform set (I think it's ITC Machine Bold or a modified version of Pro Block).

Yeah I got you I'm gonna start branching out to more fonts now

Tj4ZkPU.png

Will look forward to that. Good luck in advance. And will there be jersey concepts of teams who don't sponsor football (a.k.a. D-I non-football) on your part?

Will look forward to that. Good luck in advance. And will there be jersey concepts of teams who don't sponsor football (a.k.a. D-I non-football) on your part?

Hmmm maybe, btw I'm about done with the Sun Belt

Tj4ZkPU.png

Hmmm maybe, btw I'm about done with the Sun Belt

I noticed the topic changes. It's upto you. Keep working hard!

Georgia State

Home_zps0c4d397d.jpg

Home

Away_zps52bbd1bd.jpg

Away

Alternate_zpse7b635ab.jpg

Alternate Black

Home-Combos-Small_zps871a463f.jpg

Home Combos

Away-Combos-Small_zpsea8400e6.jpg

Away Combos

Alternate-Combos-Small_zpsa28499ef.jpg

Alternate Combos

There new uniforms aren't that bad but i thought they could be a little more bold and or "out there" with there design instead of being basic

-I added Colored Sleeves and I also added Claw marks on the Sleeves to give them a bold look

-Got rid of the (if you ask me) weird looking "GSU" logo (GSU is Georgia Southern) on the helmet and put on there pretty cool looking "Panthers" wordmark

-Gave them a Gradient Black/Blue Helmet to go with there Black Alternates

*UPDATE* I've also now have updated the page a little so now on the main post I've added links to see the jerseys bigger and to see all the Combos with bigger images.

We have actually ditched the Panthers script logo after only one year. Was our new AD's first act. It is actually a baseball logo and is silly to use for football branding. So now we are using a different version of the GSU logo. I still do not like it because it incorporates too much black which is neither a school color nor accent color. I do like where you're going otherwise with our unis.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the 2 week hiatus school has been pretty crazy but things seem to be going back to normal so without further ado here is the rest of the Sun Belt Conference....

Also I'm gonna stop with the combinations because they just take way to long to make

Idaho

Home_zps16ef4caa.jpg

Home

Sun-Be_zps7ed07a36.jpgAway

Alternate-Gold_zps71c9a1ca.jpg

Alternate Gold

Alternate-Gray_zpsa9f8c2cd.jpg

Alternate Gray

If you asked me I think out of all the teams I'm about to do i think Idaho was the most worthy team for a make over, They've had the same template for years so i think they needed some what of a rebranding

-Added a 2 colored shoulder yoke also added a 2 color pants stripe to match

-Made a Gray and a Gold alternate (they actually do have Gray in there color scheme if anyone ask)

-More modernized block font

-Matching Helmets, Pants and Jersey for more combinations

Louisiana-Lafayette

Either though they switched from Russell to Adidas before the season I decided switch them to Under Armour

Home_zps11d0caa2.jpg

Home

Away_zps6d02bfdf.jpg

Away

Alternate_zpsf7d1a3f0.jpg

Alternate

-Used there current Helmet stripe and put it on there jerseys and there pants

-Put there Full logo on there White and Red helmets

-Instead of putting their players names on the back of there uniforms i put there Saint logo

-Changed there cartoony number font

Louisiana-Monroe

Home_zps65d84a05.jpg

Home

Away_zps655c7b00.jpg

Away

Camo_zps008d9aa7.jpg

Camo Alternates

Didn't change much from there current uniforms

-Swapped the Warhawk logo on there helmet and put the players number on the helmet

-Put the Warhawk logo on the Sleeves

Tj4ZkPU.png

Very cool, and I look forward to the Bryant University redesign. The program started in 1999 and when I was a student -- 2004-08 -- the school had traditional, plain uniforms. Now the team has traditional, plain helmets but modern uniforms, including adding adidas slate to the color combo.

Cool concepts, especially the ones of Idaho. And if you like to, you could use a photo uploading site like Photobucket and put the combinations of each team, so you won't have to put it here (in case anyone wants to ask more of those, like me). Anyways, keep working hard. And looking forward to the AAC schools' concepts from you.

• 2 weeks later...

*UPDATE* So as you have seen in the Title I have updated the templates to modernize and give them more detail (Most obvious is Nike and Adidas) and it really affects the way they look so I put all my Sun Belt designs and I put them on the new templates I created with the help of alot of the community so here there are.

Appalachian State

Home_zps4e6af6bc.jpgHome

Away_zpsa1ece0e7.jpgAway

Alternate_zps4de49937.jpgAlternate Yellows

Arkansas State

Home_zps961e6a18.jpgHome

Away_zps99409f20.jpgAway

Alternate-1_zpsb9f5bbd9.jpgAlternate Black

Alternate-2_zpsdd1707d3.jpgAlternate Grey

Tj4ZkPU.png

Great job on the re-modified tweaks of your concepts. Despite not having each team's complete uniform combo sets (just to save space) only to rely on the simple important ones for now, they look pretty sleeker than ever before. Keep it up! P.S.: No UTA & UALR yet? lol I'm kidding. I know that those 2 schools are non-football, but since they're also part of the Sun Belt, I think it would be fun on how their football uniform sets would look like. ^.^

Archived