Sport

McCarthy's NFL

Too be honest, and not to be a Debbie Downer, not really feeling this series much. It's apparent that you have a preference to old-school looks but too many of these teams look the same. Granted, some teams in reality have some over-the-top unis and need to tone it down but a little bit more variety rather than kinda going back to old designs would've been great.

Who looks the same?

Jacksonville, Baltimore, Arizona and Atlanta amongst others have the same pant stripe. Many of the teams have the same bock font. I mean back in the day that's cool but in the present sense, there is much more room to be creative. Well that's MHO,

In a vacuum, those Cardinals jerseys look like Ohio State jerseys.

For the Saints and other teams, I'd like to see collar wordmarks. That's a personal preference though.

In a dishwasher however, they look much more original. A+

Too be honest, and not to be a Debbie Downer, not really feeling this series much. It's apparent that you have a preference to old-school looks but too many of these teams look the same. Granted, some teams in reality have some over-the-top unis and need to tone it down but a little bit more variety rather than kinda going back to old designs would've been great.

Who looks the same?

Jacksonville, Baltimore, Arizona and Atlanta amongst others have the same pant stripe. Many of the teams have the same bock font. I mean back in the day that's cool but in the present sense, there is much more room to be creative. Well that's MHO,

Jacksonville and Baltimore (and Tampa) use the same dimensions, but different colors while Arizona and Atlanta use differing widths and colors. Those aren't the same stripe.

Nobody's wearing the same colors and every team has a uniquely distinctive look in the series. Nobody looks the same.

I chose block fonts when I did because I believed that was the best option for that team. In many cases proprietary fonts aren't a good look (Seattle's current font for example). being creative is fine, but sometimes you sacrifice looks for creativity and it's important to remember restraint and not overdesigning something. You can't ruin a uniform with a block font, but you can ruin a uniform with a bad custom font. Further, there's at least one team in every division of this series wearing a non-block font which is a fine enough ratio. There doesn't need to be 32 different fonts.

Hey McCarthy, are you planning on making alternates for some of the teams?

Yes. I'm working on those right now. I have the Rams, Redskins, and Bengals done and I will post when I'm finished with all the teams I think should have alternates.

Both the Rams and Redskins look fantastic. Couldn't have done better myself.

Put black numbers with orange trim on the Bengals white jersey and that set is a winner.
Also, I love that you switched up the striping on the Bears navy blue pants to match the striping on the jerseys and socks.

That's been a pet-peeve for me ever since they started wearing them again back in the early 1980s.