McCarthy's NFL

Sport

In a vacuum, those Cardinals jerseys look like Ohio State jerseys.

For the Saints and other teams, I'd like to see collar wordmarks. That's a personal preference though.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May I ask why people keep on using Gold for the FALCONS??????????? Besides that, I love this for the Falcons. Simple yet so effective.

when the Falcons were born, they used the UGa Bulldogs black and Red and Ga Tech gold in their unis/ helmets.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Nice work on these. Jags look nice.

I think it would be a cool touch if you added some sideburns on the Pat Patriot logo, just as a reference to the current one with is nicknamed the Flying Elvis due to the sideburns.

Hey McCarthy, I tried PMing you but I think our inbox is full. I love your Pat Patriot update but I think it could go further, mind if I take that on?

go for it. Mine was a kind of a rush job.

PvO6ZWJ.png

May I ask why people keep on using Gold for the FALCONS??????????? Besides that, I love this for the Falcons. Simple yet so effective.

when the Falcons were born, they used the UGa Bulldogs black and Red and Ga Tech gold in their unis/ helmets.

Ah. Thanks for letting me know.

Too be honest, and not to be a Debbie Downer, not really feeling this series much. It's apparent that you have a preference to old-school looks but too many of these teams look the same. Granted, some teams in reality have some over-the-top unis and need to tone it down but a little bit more variety rather than kinda going back to old designs would've been great.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Don't put the Steelers logo on both sides of the helmet. That's a big part of their identity. Also, could you switch the Jags' away numbers from Teal to Black? They did that in the early 2000s and it looked excellent!

Agree to disagree. Their numbers will remain teal.

Too be honest, and not to be a Debbie Downer, not really feeling this series much. It's apparent that you have a preference to old-school looks but too many of these teams look the same. Granted, some teams in reality have some over-the-top unis and need to tone it down but a little bit more variety rather than kinda going back to old designs would've been great.

Who looks the same?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I find it a bit odd that you took the logo off the Steelers' chest because it was too clunky, yet placed the SF logo on the 49ers' chest, even though it is basically the same as their helmet logo sans the circle.

I didn't take the logo off the Steelers' jersey because it's clunky, I didn't use a block font because the uniform is clunky enough without it making it look even more clunky.

PvO6ZWJ.png

One thing I was gonna say about the Chiefs and their helmet logo is that you could outline it in yellow and replace the black drop shadow with yellow. I used it on a concept once and it looked nice.

The reason I didn't do that is because I think not having a yellow outline and the hard stop of the white against the red background of the helmet is much stronger. Why I made yellow the interior of the KC is that it looks better when yellow is framed by red, shows up on the helmet from a distance where a yellow dropshadow would get lost and from afar it would look like a red and white helmet, which is sort of the problem they have now. Plus I don't like using lighter colors as the base for a drop shadow because that's not how shadows work.

Everything I've done is a conscious choice.

PvO6ZWJ.png

One thing I was gonna say about the Chiefs and their helmet logo is that you could outline it in yellow and replace the black drop shadow with yellow. I used it on a concept once and it looked nice.

The reason I didn't do that is because I think not having a yellow outline and the hard stop of the white against the red background of the helmet is much stronger. Why I made yellow the interior of the KC is that it looks better when yellow is framed by red, shows up on the helmet from a distance where a yellow dropshadow would get lost and from afar it would look like a red and white helmet, which is sort of the problem they have now. The way I've chosen to is I think the best way to incorporate yellow into the helmet. Plus I don't like using lighter colors as the base for a drop shadow because that's not how shadows work.

Everything I've done is a conscious choice.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really like this entire series, it is well thought out and really improves a lot of looks. I love the Falcons set especially the helmet.

I think the Bengals are an improvement over their current set but I would rather have a simpler pattern on the pant stripe, that is just me though, I understand your reasoning behind the current pattern.

I think the best sets are the Browns, Seahawks, Panthers, Bills, Chiefs & Jets. I love the Brown's helmet logo you created (they should adopt that full time), I do feel like it is kind of awkward on the front of the jersey, I liked the suggestion someone had of moving it to the back over the nameplate but again that is a minor nitpick.

All in all this is one of the best looking NFL series on the boards.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived