Nashville FC complete rebrand (update #3)

jaker52

i really like where you're going but there's some things that can be tightened up. i'll repeat some things that have already been said but bear with me

1. type - the font choice is in a good style; woodcut. it's appropriate enough for Nashville but this particular font option isn't good because the spurs on the sides of the letters are far too small. it would cause some issues in embroidery and print. a better option might be to go with a slab serif. but try some of these fonts out and see which you like best: Citizen Slab, Clarendon, Geared Slab, Haymaker, Woodshop.

the kerning on your type is too tight. just give the letters a bit more space to breath. this is as much a production thing as aesthetic.

alignment is off too. the space above "nashville" is not equal to that below and it's even worse on "football club". make sure your type is in the center of that circle.

there seems to be some warping going on with the type. the bottom of the letters of "football club" are wider than the top. the opposite for "nashville". i dont know what technique you're using or what program, but if its Ai, you need to create a circle then use the "type on path" tool to get proper type.

2. strings - they're not centered in the roundel either. i wouldn't even try to sell them as strings because it looks like grooves in a record, which is even better. if you want to add some strings though, you could put some vertical strings in the center of the circle.

3. shield - i think those stars are too close. you dont want them touching like they are, that's a tangent. just space them out a little bit. also, "2013" is too close to the shield. put it in the center of the space from the shield to the bottom of the circle. Sportsherald's spindel idea is pretty good. but i would suggest putting a guitar pick in the center in place of the shield.

4. color - there is a bit of visual vibration between the blue and brown. my suggestion is to make the blue a little bit lighter to fix that.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i really like where you're going but there's some things that can be tightened up. i'll repeat some things that have already been said but bear with me

1. type - the font choice is in a good style; woodcut. it's appropriate enough for Nashville but this particular font option isn't good because the spurs on the sides of the letters are far too small. it would cause some issues in embroidery and print. a better option might be to go with a slab serif. but try some of these fonts out and see which you like best: Citizen Slab, Clarendon, Geared Slab, Haymaker, Woodshop.

the kerning on your type is too tight. just give the letters a bit more space to breath. this is as much a production thing as aesthetic.

alignment is off too. the space above "nashville" is not equal to that below and it's even worse on "football club". make sure your type is in the center of that circle.

there seems to be some warping going on with the type. the bottom of the letters of "football club" are wider than the top. the opposite for "nashville". i dont know what technique you're using or what program, but if its Ai, you need to create a circle then use the "type on path" tool to get proper type.

2. strings - they're not centered in the roundel either. i wouldn't even try to sell them as strings because it looks like grooves in a record, which is even better. if you want to add some strings though, you could put some vertical strings in the center of the circle.

3. shield - i think those stars are too close. you dont want them touching like they are, that's a tangent. just space them out a little bit. also, "2013" is too close to the shield. put it in the center of the space from the shield to the bottom of the circle. Sportsherald's spindel idea is pretty good. but i would suggest putting a guitar pick in the center in place of the shield.

4. color - there is a bit of visual vibration between the blue and brown. my suggestion is to make the blue a little bit lighter to fix that.

Thanks for the help. I never knew the Ai trick and I will take all that except the satrs because they are the exact same as the TN flag (copy and paste off of vector) and I do use ai

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

that looks much better with those little adjustments. but go back in on the type and adjust the kerning (space between the letters). you can do this by placing your cursor between 2 letters and use the Option + > key (or Option + <) to make that adjustment. you want to make sure none of the letters are touching each other and all spaces are equal

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I like this version a lot! The only thing I would modify at this stage is to go with a Slab Serif like Brandon suggested. I think it would just fit better with your lines. Your thought process was right on target for this concept.

the font is one of his suggestions that i thought fitted the identity best

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

"Club" is bending more extremely than the circles. It is much closer to the top of the blue space than the bottom.

This. "Nashville" is janky, too--the right edge of the E is parallel to the grooves nearby, but the left edge of the N is not similarly parallel to the grooves nearby.

rATMcmK.png

I tweaked the spacing

Screen_Shot_2014_12_01_at_4_46_12_PM.png

Did you really use the type on path-method in AI as Brandon Moore suggested in one of his posts?

If yes, then you should check if your circle is 100% centered. But it seems to me as if it's a different way you chose to type the text. If so, it's almost impossible to get it done.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived