Bigred's Hockey Concepts (Indpls Racers added)

BigRed618

TORONTO ST. PATRICKS

tor_Pats.png

The biggest city in the US has two NHL teams, three if you count the Devils. Does the biggest city in Canada deserve a second team? More and more people are saying yes. On the off chance this does happen, I'd like to see this new team take on the identity the Leafs once used back in the '20s, the St. Pats. The logo I came up with is basically a modernized version of their old elliptical logo, shown above for comparison. The Celtic-style symbol on the shoulders is a stylized white trillium, Ontario's provicial flower. I thought it would be a breath of fresh air to see an Irish-themed setup that doesn't use any clovers.

SPOKANE CANARIES

spo_Canaries.png

I now do a team from the Evergreen State, but it's not Seattle! During the 1916-17 PCHA season, Spokane, WA had a team called the Canaries. I revived this little-known gem of hockey history, keeping their primary as well as their traditional colors, canary yellow and lilac purple. As for the jersey, I got a little inventive, featuring vertical stripes down the front and forming circles around the crest. The shoulder patch is a singing canary perched on a sprig of lilac, as Spokane is known as the Lilac City. The city's other major claims to fame include hosting the World's Fair in the late '70s and having an AFL team. Is Spokane ready for pro sports? Only the future will tell...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

SEATTLE METROPOLITANS

sea_Mets.png

I made a Metros revival concept before, but I didn't like the way it looked. One of the logos looked weird and the jersey design was too, for lack of a better word, safe. I made their shoulder patch, a modernized version of their old, PCHA-era emblem, their primary, and put the player number on the front, similar to what I did with Boston and Washington. I changed the colors to two-tone green, as light green has become a trendy color in Seattle sports in recent years. The jersey design was inspired partly by the old Seattle Sonics of the NBA, and that infamous asymmetric jersey worn by the Atlanta Thrashers. Like I said, I was trying for something more cutting-edge.

PORTLAND ROSEBUDS

por_Buds.png

My Buds concept, on the other hand, seems to have stood the test of time, so I'm reposting it as it was the first time. The jerseys have an interesting stripe pattern representing green thorny stems, and soft, red, or white, rose petals. The third jersey is more-or-less a throwback to the PCHA days. I couldn't find any pics of a Rosebuds jersey, so I had to make an educated guess on how they might have looked based on their old logo, as well as what the other teams in the league wore. C&C appreciated, as always.

• 2 weeks later...

HAMILTON TIGERS

ham_Tigers.png

Some folks are saying that if Ontario gets a second team, it would more likely go to Hamilton. I immediately imagined the Tigers coming back from oblivion, and came up with a modernized look to suit the name. I updated their logos, and decided to experiment a little with a pinstriped jersey. If nothing else, at least the Bruins won't have to worry about them stealing their look. Let me know what you think.

There's some great work being done here. A lot of out of the box ideas and some really work. Good job.

Thanks. I'm glad you appreciate what I'm trying to do here.

ATLANTA THRASHERS

atl_Thrashers.png

Since this team was named after the brown thrasher, I thought it would make more sense if the team wore brown. I had a great time redesigning the Thrashers. This concept has a lot of my favorite things, such as rainbows, unusual color schemes, and vintage 70s-80s style logos. Hope you guys like it.

• 4 weeks later...

INDIANAPOLIS RACERS

ind_Racers.png

For my penultimate addition to my hockey concept gallery, I bring you the Racers, a famous relic from the old WHA. The logo is now circular, and you may notice quite a few other circles throughout the jersey. No real reason for this, I just wanted something to set them apart from the other teams.

Archived