infrared41's Best and Worst of the Week - Season Finale

infrared41

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, that sounds terrible. No one looks at the Ravens in white pants and goes "oh wow, those stripes look out of place."

I do. There's no triple stripe anywhere on the uniform. Not to mention, it's close to impossible to tell that it even is a triple stripe due to the lack of contrast between their shades black and purple.

See, that sounds terrible. No one looks at the Ravens in white pants and goes "oh wow, those stripes look out of place."

I do. There's no triple stripe anywhere on the uniform. Not to mention, it's close to impossible to tell that it even is a triple stripe due to the lack of contrast between their shades black and purple.

I don't. White pants never look good with no stripes.

Glad some of you who can't argue a point (except to say "it looks better to my eye") trot out the "Dennis is just an act" diatribe.

Infrared's "whatever" was a real solid response as well.

Happy that some of you actually tried to answer the questions I posed and statements I made. Its appreciated.

Blah, blah, blah...

Stripes would look out-of-place on the Ravens black pants. The Ravens uniforms are pretty basic and clean. Besides the black outline around the collar and the thin black outline around the sleeve cuff, there are no stripes on the jersey. The helmet has that tapered deal, which really doesn't count as a "stripe".

More blah, blah, blah...

This is my favorite part of this particular bergan-rant (and a common theme in previous rants)... when something contradicts his point, he just pretends it isn't there. The Ravens' helmet stripes aren't stripes? Really? Then what the hell are they?

Glad some of you who can't argue a point (except to say "it looks better to my eye") trot out the "Dennis is just an act" diatribe.

Happy that some of you actually tried to answer the questions I posed and statements I made. Its appreciated.

You're welcome. Now, understand that most of us aren't going to change our opinion. Your argument makes sense, but so does ours. Having stripes on the white pants and not on black pants doesn't make sense. Same with New Orleans. Pants normally need stripes to look right. To just slap on a logo and call it good is boring. If you put on a gold/purple/gold stripe, doesn't the Ravens black pants look 100x better? And with the Saints, if you put on a gold stripe on the black pants, doesn't that make it 100x better?

Blah, blah, blah...

Stripes would look out-of-place on the Ravens black pants. The Ravens uniforms are pretty basic and clean. Besides the black outline around the collar and the thin black outline around the sleeve cuff, there are no stripes on the jersey. The helmet has that tapered deal, which really doesn't count as a "stripe".

More blah, blah, blah...

This is my favorite part of this particular bergan-rant (and a common theme in previous rants)... when something contradicts his point, he just pretends it isn't there. The Ravens' helmet stripes aren't stripes? Really? Then what the hell are they?

That's another good point. What the heck are they if they're not stripes? Usually, Jacksonville's helmets excluded, any color on the helmet not the solid color and not on the logo is considered a stripe.

While I'm typically on your side, the "it looks better to my eye" is a legit reason for liking something, even it whatever it is cearly violates design principles. While the theory behind the design can be represented objectively, at the end of the day, the evaluation is purely subjective.

The Ravens white pants would look more "uniform" if they had a solid black stripe down the side (to match the black outline around their neck collars and cuffs).

There are other more agreagous (sp) examples of mismatching then the Ravens white pants. Like the Rams.

If they had a black center stripe and purple side stripes they'd match the purple jerseys better since the cuff is black and sleeve is purple. Most of the time, the center stripe of a triple stripe shouldn't match the body of the jersey.

The Rams are an absolute train wreck. The solid gold is all they should EVER wear. The white is too imbalanced, and the striping on teh blues ruins that look. They could salvage the blues with a solid gold stripe with a single white outline (to match the shoulder things.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived