Concepts_SM

So if you guys have seen my last thread asking for team name suggestions, I want to start off saying thank you for those said suggestions! But I decided to start from square one again. Even though it barely got going.. So instead of naming the team the "New Britain ____" or the "Hardware City ____", I thought of involving the surrounding towns in with the brand instead of focusing on New Britain, CT.

So, this is still going to be for a fictional Independent League team that will play at the newly vacated "New Britain Stadium" in New Britain,CT after the New Britain Rock Cats (Double-A Colorado) hightailed it to nearby Hartford, CT. I was thinking the surname being "Connecticut Valley" since New Britain is located in the middle of the CT river valley in CT, but I am open to anything else! Thanks!

bHQC6nd.png?1

1mcUFXN.png?1

I'm going to start with a dopey one.

New Britain, apparently, is known for its woodworking, and it has a large Polish population.

I know the Polish national football team use the white eagle as their symbol.

How about a combo of the two, have a bald eagle logo designed to look like it's part of a chair or a wooden detail, and call them the Connecticut Valley Wingbacks?

Brings in a bit of Polish tradition, the whole "Hardware City" thing, and there's even a chance to throw in some good-ol' red-white-and-blue Americana for a Fourth of July theme night.

Just a few more:

- Hartford County Hussars. (because Poland)

- Hardware City Hammers. ( brings in the town motto which references industry, and makes it sound like the team is full of sluggers. Hard-Hittin' New Britain, right?)

- Hardware City Swarm. (The town motto reference bees and honey. That's it, really. Could have some good ideas.)

I'm going to start with a dopey one.

New Britain, apparently, is known for its woodworking, and it has a large Polish population.

I know the Polish national football team use the white eagle as their symbol.

How about a combo of the two, have a bald eagle logo designed to look like it's part of a chair or a wooden detail, and call them the Connecticut Valley Wingbacks?

Brings in a bit of Polish tradition, the whole "Hardware City" thing, and there's even a chance to throw in some good-ol' red-white-and-blue Americana for a Fourth of July theme night.

Just a few more:

- Hartford County Hussars. (because Poland)

- Hardware City Hammers. ( brings in the town motto which references industry, and makes it sound like the team is full of sluggers. Hard-Hittin' New Britain, right?)

- Hardware City Swarm. (The town motto reference bees and honey. That's it, really. Could have some good ideas.)

HC Swarm is a cool one. But i'm looking for something that relates to the region of Connecticut itself.

bHQC6nd.png?1

1mcUFXN.png?1

OK, I wonder what led you to give it a regional name. From my experience, regional names tend to alienate the fanbase of the city your park's in.

Using Eastern League teams as an example, nobody calls them the "Southern Tier Mets" or the "Chesapeake BaySox"...

bYhYmxh.png

OK, I wonder what led you to give it a regional name. From my experience, regional names tend to alienate the fanbase of the city your park's in.

Using Eastern League teams as an example, nobody calls them the "Southern Tier Mets" or the "Chesapeake BaySox"...

My reason is that New Britain Stadium where, the team would play, is in two towns. It was built directly on the town line between New Britain & Berlin, CT.

bHQC6nd.png?1

1mcUFXN.png?1

Archived