Tennessee Vols 2015 Nike Football Concept

martymcfry

Tennessee is switching to Nike this year, and since I downloaded Inkscape and wanted to try it out, I cooked up this:

TgAyRxz.png1RTSS0w.png

d4bnlww.pnghDj8jse.png

Okay so I'm not exactly learning Inkscape for the first time, I have had some experience with the software before. The images didn't transfer to .png very well so some of these images didn't turn out how they were supposed to. Anyway, Tennessee has a nice look, but I really like the smokey gray color. It works well with the orange, so I moved it into the regulars as a number outline. The double stripe on pants doesn't work for the fact of they are inconsistent and generally don't look good. I also added a matte orange helmet as an alternate, but that's where the transition from svg to png comes in. The dot thing on the helmet was supposed to be the gradient thing that reflects light, but it turned out looking like a shiny helmet reflection. The nameplates are also a problem... but whatever. Enjoy.

EDIT: Fixed the image transition problems and added smokey gray helmet

first off, great move to get inkscape (I am honestly tired of paint stuff here because most use it as an excuse for laziness and they never seem to come out well. ) As a TN resident(not a fan), I can only hope they won't go crazy here. I personally love this. Great way to modernize and keep the look. I always thought a smoky gray helmet should be used with the gray jerseys. If they would black out might as well finish the look. I also find the orange helmet unnecessary. However, if these were released today I would be beyond happy.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

as an alum, i enjoy these, though I really love our strictly white-and-orange unis we currently have. i think Smoke should only just be on the alternate uni. also, I've got to say "no" to the orange helmet. the farthest I'll depart from the mean is a Smoke helmet to pair with the alt uni.

as an alum, i enjoy these, though I really love our strictly white-and-orange unis we currently have. i think Smoke should only just be on the alternate uni. also, I've got to say "no" to the orange helmet. the farthest I'll depart from the mean is a Smoke helmet to pair with the alt uni.

You wouldn't even want the orange helmet as an alternate (which it is) ? :blink:

Glad to see you were able to get Inkscape--from the looks of it, you're getting the hang of it pretty quick.

I'm a big fan of the concept. I really like the smokey grey number outlines, and bringing consistency to the stripes was a good move. And as usual, very clean and well put together.

Hope to see some improved work from you with your improved resources!

Glad to see you were able to get Inkscape--from the looks of it, you're getting the hang of it pretty quick.

I'm a big fan of the concept. I really like the smokey grey number outlines, and bringing consistency to the stripes was a good move. And as usual, very clean and well put together.

Do you use Inkscape? There are some questions I have for anyone who does.

I used to, but I made the switch to Illustrator about 3 years ago. So I won't be much help unless your questions are about vector files in general.

I used to, but I made the switch to Illustrator about 3 years ago. So I won't be much help unless your questions are about vector files in general.

I PM'ed you. Let's talk there.

I agree with conrad. The orange helmet isn't necessary. However, the rest of the set is really nice. Good consistency between the helmet stripe and pants. I'd look at adding some sort of stripe to the sleeve but this is very clean and classy. Great work.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived