SOCCER LOGO CONCEPT - Las Vegas

Whitefoot

This is the concept for a Las Vegas soccer supporter group called the Atom City Army.

The group supports all levels of college and semi-pro soccer in the Las Vegas Valley and is assisting in the grassroots effort to bring a MLS team to Las Vegas.
I would love some feedback (good & bad) on the design before I submit it to the group.

Logo_Design_Contest_Proposal.png

It looks extremely cartoony. I hate to be rude but I think you should just scrap it and restart. Also Atom City is really corny.

"You play to win the game...Hello. You play to win the game." - Herman Edwards

"We talkin' bout practice?" - A.I.

"What’s that? Ah — playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game." - Jim Mora

It looks extremely cartoony. I hate to be rude but I think you should just scrap it and restart. Also Atom City is really corny.

There's no need to be rude or mention that you hate to be rude in the concepts forum.

IMO, it looks solid. That's really cool inspiration and it's well-rendered.

6fQjS3M.png

I don't think he picked the name "Atom City." He said that it's already an established group that supports all levels of soccer in Vegas.

I do like the concept, but I have a few suggestions. One would be to shrink the LV in the primary logo, it just kind of looks out of place right now. Another thing, on the secondary logo, the spacing is off. The atom touches the gray outline on the left, but doesn't on the right. I think you should move the one on the right a little more to the right. Just a few nitpicks here, but I think you already have a pretty solid concept here.

MARKHAM UNITED.png

There's no need to be rude or mention that you hate to be rude in the concepts forum.

IMO, it looks solid. That's really cool inspiration and it's well-rendered.

Agreed on both accounts. The logo is very well done. I believe someone else tried an Atom City logo concept, but I like this better.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

So... how does one make it less "cartoony"? I need some suggestions. A silhouette of a mushroom cloud could be too plain???

Any ideas to help me make it more "dignified"?

Keel, thanks for the suggestions on the secondary logo. Another pair of eyes always helps. I knew there were a few things that weren't right, but couldn't put my finger on it at the time.

I say take a whole new idea here and go simpler with a more european, less travel youth soccer look. Come back in a couple days I'm sure you can come up with a great logo if you just take your thought process in another direction.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Archived