Redesigning my old High School - Soccer Kits!

derschwigg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The M is fantastic.

The wordmark is throwing me, especially "Patriots." Most of the letters look to be different weights; the kerning, too. The P, R and S look thicker than the rest, and the A looks to have a lot of space around it, comparatively. The T seems abnormally thin. All this was actually less noticeable with the notches.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Nice job derschwigg! The high school should consider your logo as their future mark, would make a great helmet/cap logo. There's a local area high school here that comes to mind when I see this, guess it's the fact they use a similar style M & their colors are red/white/blue. You can check theirs out in the link below.

http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/TexasHighSchools/B/BrownsvilleVeteransMemorial.htm

That's almost uncanny! I can assure you it's a total coincidence, though :)

How about making the red and white stripes cover the entire right side of the logo

Shaw's right - that'd be too much. Thanks though!

Incredible for a updated high school logo! It is perfect!

But no secondary logo?

Thanks! But no worries, there will be a secondary. I'd like to do a tertiary, too, but only if a great idea presents itself.

It looks like you need some kind of outline for the white-on-white version of the logo. It just loses so much weight and powerfulness. I understand you're trying to "break the rules" of not adding that keyline to the logo, but I really feel like it can't support itself as white-on-white. The others do quite well though. They're beefy and fill that space, compared to the white version, the others stand out much better.

Glad I inspired you! This is a great start. Don't they use predominantly red right now? I really like the color change. That M monogram is a strong mark, and that's really all I think you need at the high school level. One minor thing that's bugging me is the star, I feel like it could be moved down and to the right just a little (unless you were trying to center it in the serif). Looking forward to the uniforms.

Thanks! I totally see where you're both coming from - CAB, you're right about the serif. But now that I'm looking at it, it looks like a mistake more than a conscious decision. So here's an adjusted version. I'm pretty satisfied in calling this mark finished.

MzJGGQU.jpg

And yeah, they have a really bright red as their primary color now. Almost TOO bright.

I'm glad to see this being so well-received! Thanks for the kind words, all!

I was able to put together a possible secondary - I aped a 'P' using a flag. Thoughts?

bKY8NK9.jpg

EDIT: I also put together a third "vintage" crest.

4TXn2fB.jpg

For the vintage crest I would make the inside of the circle navy blue with a red outline and fix the letters

That's killer! This last logo and the primary M logo are the strongest marks by far.

I agree. But the eagle 's face is a little too small to make out. If embroidered or printed just a bit too small, it won't read as an eagle.

Thanks, fellas!

Here's a sneak peak of what I've got in store:

Qd5JmtI.png

I've still got some more work/polish to do on it, but I'm really happy I found this specific template.

OH BOY :boogie: OH BOY :boogie: OH BOY!!!!! This is gonna be good.

Nice work, Derschwigg

tinysig.jpg

VPW1LQU.jpg

I was able to crank this out over lunch. What do you think?

This and the Primary are excellent.

But despite its beauty, this secondary says "Eagles", not "Patriots"

Can you change the Eagle head to a Patriot head, a Tricorne, even maybe a lantern or the liberty bell?

Also, consider using this as a shoulder patch in your player presentation.

Great work all around.

VPW1LQU.jpg

I was able to crank this out over lunch. What do you think?

This and the Primary are excellent.

But despite its beauty, this secondary says "Eagles", not "Patriots"

Can you change the Eagle head to a Patriot head, a Tricorne, even maybe a lantern or the liberty bell?

Also, consider using this as a shoulder patch in your player presentation.

Great work all around.

Thank you for the kind words, but I respectfully disagree. I feel the eagle head works well here. As Jakeroo mentioned, it may be a little too detailed for smaller applications, but given the style of the other marks, I don't think a Liberty bell or Tricorne would play as nicely into the family of marks here. Those icons rely heavily on their curved features. Throwing curves in at the tertiary mark seems a little odd to me.

This is one great concept. The M-Logo is a thing of beauty. And I also like the secondary versions as well. One thing that is also bothering me is the Patriots font as others already have pointed out. You should consider a change or a clean-up.

For the unis - while I like the stripes on the sleeves on the white jersey (I like the white jersey very much) I am not so happy with the classic red&white sleeves on the blue jersey. Perhaps try a different angle or a more subtle implementation.

About the red jersey - the red does not come out as it should, I suppose. Perhaps you will have to work on the highlight/shadowing layers to better retain the intended color. It seems to have a brownish touch, in my opinion.

This is really nitpicky, I know - but I suppose that this is what it is all about right now. As this is close to be an outstanding concept.

Atbw

Daniel

That can barely be considered a tweak, but it is nice.

To be fair, they were minute details to begin with.

"Most of the letters look to be different weights; the kerning, too. The P, R and S look thicker than the rest, and the A looks to have a lot of space around it, comparatively. The T seems abnormally thin. All this was actually less noticeable with the notches."

Archived