2015 World Mens Curling Championship Redesign (U.S.A added)

72freebie

As a Canadian I can easily say the curling is my favorite sport. I have always wanted to start a curling series and I figure now that the mens tournament starts next month, this is a good time to start a redesign of the tournament. For this redesign I am doing a home and away jersey for each team. Also, something new. Norway always wears crazy pants with their flag on them at the worlds. So I decided to do this for every team. Teams would have to wear these pants for 2 games out of the round robin.

Here is the first team. Team Canada
canada_zpsama3eo3s.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Curlers don't usually wear hats or polo/golf shirts if I recall.

hats are there as a choice to the curlers and many of them do indeed wear them. And while curlers may not exactly wear polo shirts, they still wear light material short sleeves. The polo shirt was simply the best template I could find. Nearly all of the men wear short sleeves because of the temperatures of the arenas they play in at this level.

here is a picture of brad Jacob's team(Canada) from last years worlds.

OLY_CURLING_20140214_214376944-930x600.j

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

This is a really unique topic, since curling isn't a big sport other than Canada.

Either way, I want to note that you seriously did a well job on the Swiss team. Love everything about the t-shirts look stunning. Canada is good to, but I'll be honest I'm not a big fan of the gradient going on there. You can still keep it, but decrease it a little, since you really can't tell much of a difference between the two jerseys. As for Sweden I always believe that they need simplistic jerseys in any sport, and you hit the spot on those. Nice to see the update, I also didn't like the placement of the flag, or even the flag as a whole. And just like Sweden it would be nice for Canada to having something else other than the flag, maybe the maple leaf. You decide.

For the flag pants I'm not the biggest fan of them, they are truly out of the box designs, but I feel like they're just too clumped. That's just me.

Like the concept a whole lot, and can't wait to see more. Curling should be big, even in Canada. Since I'm a Canadian and like many others, I don't watch and know all the rules to the sport.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

I really like what you have for the Swiss. I'm going to assume that the back of the away hat is an accidental replication of the home hat. On the hat, I think that just the home hat would work fine for both home and away, or a red hat with a white cross (maybe a white bill? idk). I also feel that there might not be enough room for a longer NOB due to the red stripe's positioning - I would try modifying the red part slightly to accomdate this possibility. Beyond that, no complaints. Nice work.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

The update for Canada is much better.

As for Italy, I like the initial design, but it just doesn't seem right. Firstly the flag is a bit going off to the left side on the shirts. Instead make it smaller, or I was thinking rather than having the whole flag itself, use the Italian badge. It would look a lot more significant and professional. I also feel like the blue is a bit too dark, I like it a lot, but I'm not sure it is the exact Italian blue. I don't like the back name placement, its bugging me for some reason, I don't know if its too big or too small. Or even if its the border, or if it clashes with the big Italy word mark, I really can't figure out the problem. Apart from that I really like the whole design idea, it looks great and I think its thought out very well.

As for the flag pants, I actually like it a lot, except it would look better if the flag design is placed on the sides.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

• 3 weeks later...

Archived