Red and Black Reavamp: Rebranding DC United (crest update)

jaker52

I always thought they could use an upgrade, so I stepped up to the challenge. Away and Clash kits to come.

dcunited_crestpres.png

dcu_home.jpg

dcu_details.jpg

almost forgot: big thanks to raysox for releasing his template. It is beautiful.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

I like the idea of the crest (and also the home kit), but I think you should change the font a bit, something that's not Times New Roman. However, I don't seem to have a suggestion for what to do with all the empty space in the crest.

I like the direction where this is going, though!

I like the idea of the crest (and also the home kit), but I think you should change the font a bit, something that's not Times New Roman. However, I don't seem to have a suggestion for what to do with all the empty space in the crest.

I like the direction where this is going, though!

I would not do Times new roman in most cases but I thought it had a DC feel to it. I have to agree still. As far as space, I noticed it but I thought it was best as is. IMO some crests are too busy and I personally like them more plain like what Orlando City did. I will be looking for a way to "meet you in the middle" on that.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Mm, I'm a little mixed on this one. I like the concept of the crest but it looks a little weird. Times New Roman and the blank spaces aren't certainly helping. If you want to stick with the font, I would ditch the black outline on the DC, since I feel like it would keep the crest simpler. I would experiment with some serif fonts to see how they fit in context - I'm away from my computer right now but I can recommend some fonts to you when I get back on it (tomorrow). If you want to remove the blank space, try squeezing the rest of the crest closer to the middle to eliminate some of that, although that would change the shape of the crest too and I'm not sure you'd be on board with that. Of course, there's always the old standby I use to take up empty space - stars! In your case I think you could put one or a couple of sublimated stars onto each side of the shield (dark red on the light side and light red on the dark side). Beyond that, uniform looks great and the concepts look great. Nice work again, jaker.

Also, Tyler, I first saw raysox's template on the first post of his A-League series thread. I would check there. Needless to say, I am very happy that he released it.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

I prefer the current logo, soley because it isn't just DC in Times New Roman. Not much going on here, I would spice it up by including some DC imagary, or a redesign of the eagle crest. I do like the shape of the crest, however.

spacer.png

Archived