Quick Question About Software

SSmith48

Hey guys-

I have just a quick question about software. I have been looking to move away from Paint to something different. What kind of softwear/program is the best for logo AND uniform design? I trust you guys will have a good one that will meet my criteria. I regret posting something that really does not help the boards out with concepts, but I think it is necessary to help my skills grow. Thank you for your time.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I have the Adobe Suite, which has both Photoshop and Illustrator. I use Photoshop for uniform design as well as designing other things, while Illustrator is very good for logos. If you're looking for a cheaper option, go with Photoshop Elements. It is a stripped down version of Photoshop that will give you an idea of what it is like and is very good on its own.

I started off with photoshop years ago and moved to illustrator about a year and a half ago. I recommend either, but Illustrator takes some time to learn and can be a little difficult at times in the beginning, but the quality of both logo and uniform concepts go up astronomically with AI

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Adobe CS all day long. Illustrator is my bread and butter app as I prefer vectors to pixels, although it depends on the project. If you're not a professional, I don't think a Creative Cloud subscription is worth it. (I'm a pro, and I'm avoiding it as long as I can.)

And as far as hardware, Wacom tablets are awesome. When I got one I wondered how I got by so long without one, and then why. If you're not doing high-end retouching, one of their lower-rung models like the Bamboo or Intuos (which I use) are great and can be had for under $200 new.

Archived