NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

4 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I think that this spells the end of franchise continuity in the NHL. Only MLB survives. For now.

It could be argued that it died when the Cleveland Barons merged with the North Stars, only to later "un-merge" and become the San Jose Sharks.

That certainly did a number on "continuity".

• Like 2

thecatch.jpg

20 hours ago, BBTV said:

But... he technically remains an owner - so what, does he attend owners' meetings?  Does the lineage die in 5 years?  Questions.  I have questions.

Bettman said that construction of a new rink has to be at least 50% complete within the 5 year window in order for the franchise to be reactivated. If that doesn't happen, Phoenix will just get the same consideration as any other potential expansion market after that point.

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

It ended already, when the Senators tried to pretend they were connected to the Silver Seven. Speaking of which, I still wish the =O= set was promoted to primary status.

The current iteration of the Sens has never pretended they're the same franchise as the original Senators. Yes, they brought back the name & have banners in the arena honouring the old Stanley Cup wins, but that's no different than the Jets 2.0 having Avco Cup banners & the old Jets retired numbers in their rink.

We are in agreement on the =O= set though.

See, now that's our league.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.