Miami Marlins uniform tweak

jigokusabre

Gotta disagree with all the love this concept is getting. Baseball has too many primarily-blue teams already.

I'm not sure I understand where your concern is coming from. There isn't a single team in the majors that I know of that wears this shade (that nearly looks teal anyways) featured in the concept. Wearing it predominantly would not be a problem at all, in my view, and there'd be absolutely no mistaking them for anyone else. They're not trotting out in Dodger Blue or something.

Anyways, this is a fantastic visualization! This is the change I've long thought would catapult the Marlins from bottom-5 look to top-10. Seeing it actually visualized really reaffirms that for me. The teal looks good too, but I feel the light blue works better with the orange and yellow splashes personally. Very tastefully done!

EDIT: Just noticed you changed the color on the scorebug in one of the images as well. Great attention to detail! Very impressed!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Gotta disagree with all the love this concept is getting. Baseball has too many primarily-blue teams already.

I'm not sure I understand where your concern is coming from. There isn't a single team in the majors that I know of that wears this shade (that nearly looks teal anyways) featured in the concept. Wearing it predominantly would not be a problem at all, in my view, and there'd be absolutely no mistaking them for anyone else. They're not trotting out in Dodger Blue or something.

I agree. Sure, there's a million of blue teams out there in the majors, but they're all usually Dodger/Royal/Colombia/Navy blue. The this shade of Marlins' blue is completely unique enough to stand on its own compared to other teams. It's beautiful, it's vibrant, it's very oceanic-like, and it absolutely fits the Miami lifestyle.

Love this concept. This is what they should have done and what they should do now to improve the set.

The all blue hat's been done in real life as a fashion custom so the Marlins just need to copy this over for their On-Field cap.

img_2224_1.jpg

Awesome! Although what if instead you diminished the usage of black to an accent color, and pump up the Marlin Blue in equal proportion to the orange. Equal amounts of the blue & orange like in this hat:

img_5713.jpg

Forget about the original teal- that ship's sailed. The new Marlin Blue is an appropriate update on it, and very unique in its own right.

Eh. I think the both blue and orange together might be a bit too much.

PvyLad1.jpgXTX0e3A.jpg

Marlin blue sucks (although I prefer it to the over-the-top orange they've rolled out).. The original teal is 100% the way to go.. They never should've changed from their initial branding.. They even already had the marlin logo with the M instead of the F.. Sure they went a little black-heavy just before the switch, but that's an easy fix.. Their uniforms were gorgeous and now they look like a poorly rendered concept uniform with a horrible middle school logo.. At least the recoloring with the original teal is recognizable as "Marlins"..

I agree with TheBearNYC that the black is the main problem here too. That aqua jersey looks really good though.

EDIT: 250th post! :woot:

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Archived