Go Red Sox!

Dude. F the haters. People love to hate, and half the people with nice things to say just stay silent. It looks good. So what if it looks a little similar to the memphis grizzlies one. The bear might be the most common animal used in north american sports. If not, its close. Just because it looks a little similar to something else(which I think it's sufficiently different) doesn't mean its the wrong thing to do.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Red Sox, I'm kind of late here so you've probably checked out by now, but I saw this floating around on page 2 still so I thought I'd chime in. Obviously the number of people who appreciate your designs far outweigh those who may question your authenticity. I don't see anything wrong with moving on from the boards or posting less concepts and pursuing things elsewhere (a lot of the top concept artists here seem to lose the passion to post concepts in time).

I wouldn't attribute the skepticism to you personally. I bet this is just a result of the reality that there are 100 other frontal bear head logos out there and making a frontal bear head logo look unique is very difficult to pull off, unless you stylize it in a unique way or add another element to set it apart. With so many concept "artists" here "tweaking" other logos as a quick way to post their own concepts, the boards needs to self-police itself and this self-policing is a way to keep people in check, although there are times when it may call out someone who didn't deserve it. I too immediately saw similarities in the eyes of your design to the Northern Colorado Bears' eyes even before GoNordiques' comment, but I believe it could be a coincidence and that your design isn't a rip off.

I understand that if the passion's gone, you can't force it, but if you're still reading and taking C&C, I'd say slide the eyes up a little and then you have a winner.

What are you guys looking at when you say it looks like Memphis? Nothing like it. I mean, not even close.

It's because they both look like bears, people are retarded, and have a tendency to dig for things to complain about. When making a bear logo you better never make it look like a bear because then it will look like some other bear logo in existence.

As for the logo, I think Go Red Sox! did a really good job. Nice work. :)

Your latest update is better than the original. It's very good. I would have prefered the logo keep the same distinct shape as the actual Chicago Bears logo. That's something that helps distinguish it from the other bear head logos used in other leagues. Still a decent concept I don't really have any complaints.

• 1 month later...

TheScottyZ: Hey, I can see you are new here. This topic is a little old to be posting in, although I don't know the specific amount of months required to call it dormant.

If you haven't seen the rules, I'd like to kindly redirect you to this page-> http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/104881-official-ccslc-rules-and-regulations

As far as your concept goes, you can create your own topic in this section for that once you reach a certain number of posts (I believe it might be ten?)

Not trying to nitpick here, just wanted to offer some help :)

Welcome to CCSLC!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Archived