Brewers Logo Concept/Idea

WissX

To make this clear This is my FIRST logo that I made. I am EXTREMELY bad as I use paint.net.

nzEX8Yu.png
That is the logo. Lemme start explaining.

The boarder for the Ball and Glove is the Brewers era of ugliness. The frame was nice.
The grain is from the Brewers current logo
The Ball in glove is from the time they were good. Also I like it a lot.
The "Ball" is the Pilots the team they came from.
The red circle is to represent the steering wheel

The wheel I was trying to go off of is below.
1297.gif

Thank you very much and I would like feedback and ideas to improve upon. First Logo 2nd concept.

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

This is a nice start, but there are too many colors. What you need to do is find a color scheme and stick with it. I'd say use the gold/ navy and drop the green, yellow, red, and lighter blue all together. Than maybe take out that red circle.

This is a nice start, but there are too many colors. What you need to do is find a color scheme and stick with it. I'd say use the gold/ navy and drop the green, yellow, red, and lighter blue all together. Than maybe take out that red circle.

I made it to your standards

73vSKnI.png

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png

Hey, not bad for a first logo. Definitely better than my first few, by a country mile. I agree to a certain extent with insane guy, you want to limit yourself generally to about 4 colours max(I know people always cite the blackhawks logo, but that is the exception that proves the rule). I am a huge fan of the ball in glove part of this logo. How you can have it look like a glove and have the shape of the M and B is quite simply genius. Personally, I would concentrate on this part of the logo and maybe look to combine this with the wheat(perhaps behind it? I'm not 100% sure) and I think I would ditch the diamond. Its not that its horrible, its just that I feel that it takes away from the strength of the ball/glove.

Also, sorry if I misread the first post, but I don't understand the origin of the S. I don't think you necessarily need to ditch the red circle though if you ditch the diamond, but yeah. Simplicity is strength.

What are you trying to do? By trying to fit in too many elements, your logo is a mish-mash.

I understand it's your first attempt at a logo, but there should be a purpose for it. Design is more than just copying and pasting parts of different logos together. The final version won't make any sense, it will only mean you know how to copy and paste things together. Right now your logo says "Seattle Pilots/70s Brewers/90s Brewers/current Brewers".

There should be a reason why certain things in the logo appear the way they do, and must still remain legible. You still have two shades of blue, and also two shades of gold. The wheat stalk is difficult to see where it crosses the gold outline of the ball in glove.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

To echo some of the other comments, there is too much going on here. I get what you're trying to do, but you've fallen to the trap that many people do when they start of "wouldn't be cool if..." and you just starting throwing too much together. Just remember KIS, or Keep it Simple. Identify what elements are most important to what you want to express and ditch rest.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I am a huge fan of the ball in glove part of this logo. How you can have it look like a glove and have the shape of the M and B is quite simply genius.

Are you being sarcastic? This was the Brewers logo for years.

No, sorry I really wasn't. I'm not really a baseball fan so I honestly just wasn't aware. Also haven't been doing this that long either, I guess I could see how it would come across that way though. I guess its someone elses stroke of genius.

I am a huge fan of the ball in glove part of this logo. How you can have it look like a glove and have the shape of the M and B is quite simply genius.

Are you being sarcastic? This was the Brewers logo for years.

No, sorry I really wasn't. I'm not really a baseball fan so I honestly just wasn't aware. Also haven't been doing this that long either, I guess I could see how it would come across that way though. I guess its someone elses stroke of genius.

Apologies then. It is a brilliant logo, I can see why OP wants to reincorporate it.

Also, OP, try giving the wheat shaft an outline to help it stand out more. It almost gets lost on top of the glove.

qtOnrJr.png

This has WAY too much going on. The "S" in the middle is horrible, and in order to make a concept, please stick to one era. I personally love the Brewers' current stuff, and I don't find a change necessary.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

This has WAY too much going on. The "S" in the middle is horrible, and in order to make a concept, please stick to one era. I personally love the Brewers' current stuff, and I don't find a change necessary.

I am gonna work on other stuff. Like Soccer. I love the brewers current logo as well

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png

Archived