Proper size for a pro sports team

Magnus

I've often wondered how Vancouver Island would do with a team in the NHL.

No, yet it's bothered me that I have not once in my lifetime ever heard floated a CFL expansion idea into Victoria. Hamilton has a team.

CFL needs to expand to Victoria, Quebec City, & Halifax. Yesterday. Let the talent pool scuk for a couple years- how's about we start drafting Canadian players who have to quit the game because American castoffs keep winning jobs.

To the Victoria NHL point - it'd never work. Vancouver Island probably isn't a real tv market. Unlike Hamilton/GTA in Ontario- which is also home to what, 6 million?

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I'm glad to see that this topic has taken on some pointed discussion, rather than becoming another hate-on-crazy-Magnus fest.

I would also like to see the CFL expand. They badly need a tenth team to have even scheduling.

I'm glad to see that this topic has taken on some pointed discussion, rather than becoming another hate-on-crazy-Magnus fest.

I would also like to see the CFL expand. They badly need a tenth team to have even scheduling.

The CFL needs more teams because fans can't take seriously such a small league.

Sure the Grey Cup is a fun national pride event... yet when they keep telling me 'the real season starts Labour Day' then why should I care for the previous 3 months?? Don't get me wrong, I love that the CFL plays all summer & ends in winter, it's cool.

I just don't get excited for the playoffs, which we should be, when 6 of 9 teams qualify.

I want at least 12 teams in the CFL.

@2001mark

Not to worry, we can do both. :P

Thanks. You're a doll.

The CFL needs more teams because fans can't take seriously such a small league.

Sure the Grey Cup is a fun national pride event... yet when they keep telling me 'the real season starts Labour Day' then why should I care for the previous 3 months?? Don't get me wrong, I love that the CFL plays all summer & ends in winter, it's cool.

I just don't get excited for the playoffs, which we should be, when 6 of 9 teams qualify.

I want at least 12 teams in the CFL.

I would like to see a &é team league.

One game against the opposing conference, and two games against conference opponents for 16 games.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I would like to see a &é team league.

One game against the opposing conference, and two games against conference opponents for 16 games.

Yep, & if I were the CFL, I'd even fix the schedule having doubleheaders every Friday & Saturday nights. I know they do a lot now, they should make it regular... like Hockey Night in Canada has for decades.

@2001mark

Archived