NHL Concepts (Series?) (5/30 - Montréal)

Bpoe96

So after not making many concepts for a while I've been back at it again and figured why not start posting them here?

This isn't necessarily a redesign series yet, but I've been making my rounds around the NHL so it could possibly become one. As of now I have done 6 teams, and I'm only posting 3 for now, and the other 3 will come in the next few days or so plus ones I continue to do.

Pens/Jackets: The first two are just the same ones that I posted in this thread about a month ago, but they'll become part of this series if it does become a series.

Leafs: So as a lot of you probably know, the Leafs are getting a redesign next year, so I took a crack at it. I used Brandon Moore's logo from this thread (credit given, I hope you don't mind) and combined their jersey designs from 1967-70 and 1970-92 to make this design right here.

Cougars: Like the topic title says, there's a bonus concept too. So, here's my Prince George Cougars concept that, to my surprise, won the HJC competition it was designed for. C&C appreciated as always!

All concepts in this thread (latest updated version):

Columbus%20Blue%20Jackets_zpspurjfyru.pnEdmonton%20Oilers_zpstxvzc4f0.pngMontreal%20Canadiens_zpseblg8s3x.pngPittsburgh%20Penguins_zpstjf3thqo.png

Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs_zpsoiwcwe0k.png

Bonus concepts:

Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs%202_zpsxzmmmyzl.Prince%20George%20Cougars_zpsqasw7m27.pn

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

I love that color combination, is that maroon & gold?

It uses their current colors, so yes. I used their darker variant of red and removed the silver, and kept the black and gold. I usually don't like that "vegas gold" esque color but it works here.

good use of that Leafs logo ;)

i think all the unis look good, but i couldnt really tell you what the actual jerseys look like. one thing i dont like though is the 2 blues in Columbus. i think if you make one of those a trim color and use it sparingly, it will look much better. cant really pinpoint why thats not working

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Personally, I think for Columbus on the home you could change the light blue shoulder stripes to the main blue, and below the stripes on the arms change the main blue to light blue to balance it all out.On the away you could change the light blue shoulder stripes to the main blue, change the number colours to red and change the stripes below the stripes to light blue. I really like these and I am definitely gonna stay tuned

spacer.pngspacer.png

Thank you guys for the feedback, and while I don't mind the light blue on the Jacket's concept, the general consensus seems to be that it doesn't fit. I'd like to keep it to differentiate them from the other red/white/blue teams, but I'll rework it and update it when I do.

I updated the Leafs concept as well as I noticed the logo was slightly off when it came to the T being centered inside of the logo. Not sure why or how that happened but it should be fixed now. I also had the idea for this beauty :lol: while fixing it. I'm sure the inspiration is obvious for this one, and I doubt it's realistic at all, but then again it is just a concept so it doesn't really matter.

Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs%202_zpsxzmmmyzl.

Okay, so I did that sooner than I was expecting. Here's the CBJ update, I went mainly with the suggestions of WhitecapsForLife since I wanted to keep the light blue. I like the home jersey even better, but I'm still not sure about the road, it seems awkward but it's hard to balance the colors while keeping the Ohio flag stripes intact. Thoughts?

Before:

Columbus%20Blue%20Jackets_zpsqhh8qh2o.pn

After:

Columbus%20Blue%20Jackets_zpspurjfyru.pn

Here's the next concept, this one for the Oilers. I did this one about a month ago as well. For this one I wanted to give the Oilers a modern look while also keeping their identity involved. I also wanted to bring back the steel drop logo and the accompanying font, and I think they both fit in well here.

Edmonton%20Oilers_zpstxvzc4f0.png

Where the logo is next to the team name on the top. Is there a specific template you use for that

Do you also have the template for the jerseys?

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

For those asking about the template, I've had a few requests so I'll probably post it in a new thread soon. For those who want a raster version of it you can go to http://hockeyjerseyconcepts.blogspot.com/p/templates.htmland there's a good version of it. and for those asking about the logo rectangle thing, I just have the logo and half a circle inside a clipping mask with the rectangle. The half circle is at about 30 opacity as well. For those using a bitmap program or one that doesn't have clipping masks, just delete the areas outside and that would work too. A few pics for example:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-31%20at%208.57.2Screen%20Shot%202015-12-31%20at%208.57.3

And this is what it looks like without the clipping maskScreen%20Shot%202015-12-31%20at%208.57.5

Concept coming in a few minutes.

Archived