Toronto Maple Leafs Modernization Throwdown

wquarton

Hey folks, I was wondering if you guys would be interesting in holding our own little throwdown and see who comes up with the best toronto maple leafs update(as they recently announced that they would be updating the logo next year).

May the best designer win? :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sure, heres my attempt. (yea i changed the leaf and added a new element, chew on that hockey nerds!)

mls.jpg

Two guys, one idea. But you were quicker. Only difference: I would have used a sans-serif "T".

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

sure, heres my attempt. (yea i changed the leaf and added a new element, chew on that hockey nerds!)

mls.jpg

Two guys, one idea. But you were quicker. Only difference: I would have used a sans-serif "T".

It's the "T" from the Toronto Arenas logo. And that is a pretty awesome logo!

it's all good McElroy. really like that shade of blue you went with. (not sure if its their actual swatch, but looks good)

mls.jpg

It's the "T" from the Toronto Arenas logo. And that is a pretty awesome logo!

yea, we'll go with that. i totally did that on purpose, lol

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Here's My go. Brandon called me out earlier so I tried to change it up.

WAzA6p5.png

7VwGHRi.png

So far this is the winner! Can't wait to see some more entries, getting feisty here!

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Just started thinking about this the other day. These are still just work in progress and the jerseys are not final....but I wanted to maybe get some thoughts.

I thought a simple change would be a good direction, at least to start with. I love the 1963 logo and I thought it would look pretty cool on it's own without the text. The Leafs are such a prominent brand, you don't really need to spell it out.

The logo on the white jersey was an idea that stems from the flag of Ontario which has 3 connected leaves in a coat of arms. I thought that idea and pulling some reference from the Swedish National jersey could look sharp. It would be quite a departure form the norm, but it stays classy (like San Diego)....and it keeps the tradition.

Oh and I used Felix Potvin on the jersey just cause he was my favourite Leaf growing up.

Leafs_A_zpsrcodjhb2.jpg

Leafs_B_zpsh5vrzmui.jpg

spacer.png

Archived