NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

Two major field differences from the past two weeks worth posting. The 49ers added holly and a Santa hat to their endzones, which was pretty neat to see. Past fields that went a holiday rout that I know of are the 1991 Buccaneers and the Jaguars but I'm not sure what years. The Dolphins had a 7 diamond (instead of 8 as they have been doing) that were just white, no other paint.

49ers Christmas themed field Week 16

SF_2017%5E4.png

Dolphins week 17 following the Orange Bowl

MIA_2017%5E4.png

• Like 4

2017 Playoffs Wild Card Saturday

Titans @ Chiefs

KC_2017%5Ewc.png

Falcons @ Rams

LAR_2017%5Ewc.png

The Rams decided to keep the helmet logo in the endzone for this week. Typically the helmet logo has only been used during the throwback games, so this is the first time since the Rams return to LA that they used the white horn helmet logo and the white text.

• Like 1

The Chiefs end zones need something besides the word mark.  Maybe the AFC logo and the logo they use at midfield.  Or the AFC logo and the Lamar Hunt Memorial logo that is on the jersey.
I do like the use of the helmet instead of the logo for the Rams. 

17 minutes ago, Yac12 said:

The Chiefs end zones need something besides the word mark.  Maybe the AFC logo and the logo they use at midfield.  Or the AFC logo and the Lamar Hunt Memorial logo that is on the jersey.
I do like the use of the helmet instead of the logo for the Rams. 

They could have went with their 2015 endzone design, which I'm not sure why they don't just stick with full time, but they should at least do this for the playoffs.

KC_2015%5E1.png

Given the teams left, The Steelers will probably be the only team that makes field changes for the playoffs. In the past at Heinze field they have always added an AFC logo to the enzone:

PIT_2007%5Ewc.png

PIT_2008%5Econf.png

PIT_2016%5Ewc.png

The Eagles might possibly add something to there endzones, but I doubt it given that the wordmark takes up much more space this year. I'd expect this field from them:

PHI_2017%5Ediv.png

2010 was the only season in their current stadium where they added logos to the endzones for the playoffs

PHI_2010%5Ewc.png

They have the endzone space to add logos if they want, but I doubt they will. But who knows, we may get a pleasant surprise.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

They could have went with their 2015 endzone design, which I'm not sure why they don't just stick with full time, but they should at least do this for the playoffs.

KC_2015%5E1.png

Given the teams left, The Steelers will probably be the only team that makes field changes for the playoffs. In the past at Heinze field they have always added an AFC logo to the enzone:

PIT_2007%5Ewc.png

PIT_2008%5Econf.png

PIT_2016%5Ewc.png

The Eagles might possibly add something to there endzones, but I doubt it given that the wordmark takes up much more space this year. I'd expect this field from them:

PHI_2017%5Ediv.png

2010 was the only season in their current stadium where they added logos to the endzones for the playoffs

PHI_2010%5Ewc.png

They have the endzone space to add logos if they want, but I doubt they will. But who knows, we may get a pleasant surprise.

That Chiefs 2015 endzone looks sharp.  I've always wished for them to have a larger arrowhead logo at midfield.  

Great work Pitt6Pack.  

Edited by Yac12
Thanking Pitt6Pack

58 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

Eagles endzone would really POP with the Shield or the NFC logo.  Even if they have to squeeze it in there.

The logos would fit in there just fine, and actually look really nice. Here's to hoping they actually do it.

SM44JWH.png

• Like 2

Took me a while to get this one right, but here's the 1994 Pittsburgh Steelers. This field was used for both of the Steelers playoff games in 1994 as well.

PIT_1994%5Econf.png

** EDIT **

I'll through the 1995 Steelers in here since it was an easy change compared to 1994

PIT_1995%5Econf.png

• Like 2

Steelers 1996 - 2000

This field was used for the 1996 Wild Card game, 1997 Divisional Playoffs, and 1997 AFC Championship, as well as the final game at Three Rivers Stadium

PIT_1996-2000%5E2.png

Didn't you post a black Steelers end zone concept once? Maybe the alternate Super Bowl thread? The way the current template is, with the logo and the offset script, a black end zone with yellow lettering might work. Or even white lettering? 

iq5b7nF.png

On 1/9/2018 at 9:12 PM, jc... said:

Didn't you post a black Steelers end zone concept once? Maybe the alternate Super Bowl thread? The way the current template is, with the logo and the offset script, a black end zone with yellow lettering might work. Or even white lettering? 

Yes I did. Black enzones might look alright in some cases, depending on the secondary colors, but let's hope the NFL doesn't go all college football championship on us.

51_black.thumb.png.d902949d4e4aaa343877b

11 hours ago, crosby87rules said:

Didn't Three Rivers have the baseball cutouts for 96-00 or was it just for 94-95?

There were, but the cutouts were much better blended into the field, so they really aren't visible unless you're really close. The color of the cutouts were the same color as the rest of the field. The border is somewhat visible if you get a close enough view. Not visible enough for me to include it, which is what I did with the '72 Steelers fields.

• Like 2