NFL Fields - 2024 UFL Fields

pitt6pack

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2023 Week 2

Notable Fields from Week 2

Atlanta

Falcons went with the throwback field, that we've seen the last couple years, although, as we saw once last year, not Falcon logos in the endzones.

ATL_2023%5E2.png

Houston

The Texans went with "white" endzones, although, they looked mostly gray on TV

HOU_2023%5E1.png

Jacksonville

The Jaguars fully painted the endzones for an early regular season game, which they have never done before. Will be interested to see if they paint them all year long.

JAX_2023%5E1.png

Tennessee

The Titans moved to an artificial playing surface this season. Design is the same as last season, although the colors do look a bit darker on the turf this year.

TEN_2023%5E1.png

Arizona

The Cardinals pretty much have the same field they have had since the mid 2000s. Big difference this year is the change in number font, to match the Cardinals new uniforms. This has been a growing trend in the NFL over the past several seasons now.

ARZ_2023%5E1.png

New England

Lastly, the Patriots went with the throwback design. This is the same design they used last season as well.

NE_2023%5E2.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

Notable Fields from Week 2

Atlanta

Falcons went with the throwback field, that we've seen the last couple years, although, as we saw once last year, not Falcon logos in the endzones.

ATL_2023%5E2.png

Houston

The Texans went with "white" endzones, although, they looked mostly gray on TV

HOU_2023%5E1.png

Jacksonville

The Jaguars fully painted the endzones for an early regular season game, which they have never done before. Will be interested to see if they paint them all year long.

JAX_2023%5E1.png

Tennessee

The Titans moved to an artificial playing surface this season. Design is the same as last season, although the colors do look a bit darker on the turf this year.

TEN_2023%5E1.png

Arizona

The Cardinals pretty much have the same field they have had since the mid 2000s. Big difference this year is the change in number font, to match the Cardinals new uniforms. This has been a growing trend in the NFL over the past several seasons now.

ARZ_2023%5E1.png

New England

Lastly, the Patriots went with the throwback design. This is the same design they used last season as well.

NE_2023%5E2.png

The Atlanta, Tennessee, Arizona and New England fields have a sameness that could be broken up by filling in the end zones with more color or adding the conference and league logos like some teams used to do.

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2023 Week 3

Week 3 Changes

Last night we saw a change in the 49ers endzones from last season.

The 49ers are starting the season off with red in the 49ers wordmark, and the NFL logo in place of the helmet in the left end of the endzones. The NFL logos from the 25 yard lines were also removed.

2022 Early Season

SF_2022%5E1.png

2022 Late Season

SF_2022%5E2.png

2023 Week 3

SF_2023%5E1.png

You may have also noticed that I'm ajusting the grass/turf coloring on each field this year, to try to more closely match the colors as they appear on TV (but more specifically, highlights on YouTube, as they appear on my specific computer monitor).

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jc... said:

My condolences for the incoming footprint version. 😂

Yeah, nothing I could do with that one. Just went with the base field design.

• Like 1

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2023 Week 5

New fields for week 5

I'll start with the London game, which wasn't too far off the normal Bills endzones at least.

Just a green boarder in the endzone is the difference there, and the NFL logo at midfield.

INT_2023%5E2.png

Pittsburgh Steelers

This is the first time since the Steelers have moved to their current early season field design in 2004 that they have the NFL logo in the Pittsburgh endzone, that we'd normally see after Pitt's season has ended. In 2019, the Steelers did have the NFL 100 logo in each endzone, even in the early season. The difference Sunday, and back in 2019, is that the NFL 100 logo was in both endzones, where Sunday, we had just the NFL logo in one endzone.

PIT_2023%5E3.png

Denver Broncos

The Broncos used white endzones with a 1 foot green boarder (seems to be the standard boarder required by the NFL when white colored endzones are being used), and a throwback logo at midfield.

DEN_2023%5E2.png

• Like 3

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2023 Week 6

New Fields for Week 6 - 2023

International Series - Baltimore @ Tennessee

Same layout as last week when the Bills were the "home" team

INT_2023%5E3.png

Cleveland Browns

The Browns matched their field design to their uniforms this week, changing Brownies clothes and shoes to white, and the endzone helmets to match the Browns helmets on the field.

CLE_2023%5E2.png

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The Buccaneers used their throwback field to match their uniforms. Some differences to when we last saw this field a little over a decade ago; different helmet at midfield. The endzones are closer to what the Buccaneers used in years past, with no outline to the text.

TB_2023%5E2.png

Some past TB fields for example:

2009-2012 throwback (for helmet comparison)

TB_2011-2012%5E2.png

1991 Christmas Time Field (for endzone comparison)

TB_1991%5E2.png

• Like 2

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2023 Week 7

New Fields For Week 7 - 2023

Denver Broncos

The Broncos went with orange endzones for the first time since the 1998 playoffs

DEN_2023%5E3.png

New York Giants

The Giants brought back their throwback endzones for the first time since the 1995 season

NYG_2023%5E3.png

Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles brought back a throwback logo at midfield, and the throwback wordmark.

I don't know the last time either of these were used on a field for the Eagles (haven't gotten that far back for them on the Gridiron Fields Database), but it's been a while.

PHI_2023%5E2.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jc... said:

I understand why they do it. But I am not a fan of the grass border in painted endzones. 

I agree, and it seems to be a growing trend as of late.

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2023 Week 8

Another set of awesome throwback fields this week.

Only thing that's really been missing with these throwback games, is the opposing team wearing an era appropriate uniform, which, at least we will get when Seattle plays at Dallas later this year. Should be one of the best uniform matchups of the season.

Miami Dolphins

We've seen this field the past couple of years, but I just had to add it with all the other throwback fields

MIA_2023%5E3.png

Tennessee Titans

It's really a shame we don't see these designs and uniforms more often

TEN_2023%5E2.png

Seattle Seahawks

So happy to see the Seahawks bring back their best look.

It's hard to say who has a better look between the Oilers and Seahawks this weekend

SEA_2023%5E2.png

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 3:27 PM, ruttep said:

The Week 11 Texans field featured a navy blue end zone on one side and a red end zone on the other. Has that ever happened before, where a team gets to paint both end zones in their colors but chooses different colors for each side?

Might be correct. Unless there was one from the 60's through 80's when they would sometimes put the opponent names in the end zone during conference championship games?  

iq5b7nF.png

On 11/22/2023 at 1:27 PM, ruttep said:

The Week 11 Texans field featured a navy blue end zone on one side and a red end zone on the other. Has that ever happened before, where a team gets to paint both end zones in their colors but chooses different colors for each side?

Denver painted the endzones Blue and Orange for the last ever game at the original Mile High Stadium

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 10:41 PM, jc... said:

Just saw this. Also gives @pitt6pack a little more work. Haha. Not only different colors, but the NFL and College tenant. 

I've got this one in my backlog of too many fields to do at the moment. 

I do love the endzone font here. Very era appropriate.

• Like 1

Here's a field that came up on uniwatch yesterday that I just had the urge to do, from the 1969 Eastern Conference Championship at the Cotton Bowl.

https://uni-watch.com/2023/12/04/major-find-browns-cb-logo-appeared-on-field-after-all-literally/

DAL_1969%5Econf.png

The notable part of this field is the Browns logo in the endzone, which was only ever used on a field in this game, as far as anyone knows.

• Like 5