LA Kings Logo Tweak

Garren

As someone who hates LA's current logo and noting that it is the club's 50th season, I decided to spruce up the only logo of theirs I ever liked. It is the golden anniversary so I thought focusing more on that colour was ideal. I turfed the hockey sticks at the top as I always thought they were pointless, and dumped the "3D" jewels, then shaded in the suns on either side of the crown so it looks cleaner. I kept the 90' silver and added the "LA" from their current logo. Nothing major but I think it looks some what smoother than the original and a fitting tribute to the Kings colour scheme of the past.

Please go easy on me as this is my first post.

KINGS.png

I'd call it a tweak, you're modifying the original. Whatever it is, you're trying to do too much with the "LA" in the middle. Think about how big it needs to be in order to be legible, and then how often your logo would be blown up that much. That being said, in every other sense, I'd say it's perfect, I love the colour scheme and I don't know if I'd change anything else. Good work!

On 2/12/2016 at 3:10 PM, TampaBae said:

Awesome job! The thing with a yellow road jersey would be when they face Nashville in Nashville.  I would make a white jersey, and have the yellow as an alternate.  Also, I think the anniversary patch would look better on the shoulder.

Nashville's gold is an alternate.... But LAK could wear the purple if they had to.

The problem lies with the fact that you're tweaking an overly detailed logo that was dated to begin with.  Going with Purple, White and Gold is fine but adding silver is a mistake as it just looks odd and muddled.  The Text looks out of place and the stroke around it is too thin.  Back to the drawing board I'm afraid...

52 minutes ago, Morgo said:

The problem lies with the fact that you're tweaking an overly detailed logo that was dated to begin with.  Going with Purple, White and Gold is fine but adding silver is a mistake as it just looks odd and muddled.  The Text looks out of place and the stroke around it is too thin.  Back to the drawing board I'm afraid...

I agree with this. I just think that was one of the worst logos to come out of hockey in quite the while. Maybe just going back to the 70s and using that logo would be better.

4 hours ago, mee said:

Nashville's gold is an alternate.... But LAK could wear the purple if they had to.

Nashville's gold sweater isn't an alternate, it's their home jersey... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived