Introducing the Legends Hockey League!

CanucksBrad

The Seattle Alt's logo is really small, and Surrey's socks don't match the striping on the sweaters. You added white on to all of them. It should match the shoulder stripes exactly. Now I'm not saying that all of the socks will look the same with black and yellow stripes, but have the tops and bottoms of the sock white black or yellow, and the middle with the black and yellow stripes. That or make the shoulder yoke stripes match the sock stripes. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Seattle Alt's logo is really small, and Surrey's socks don't match the striping on the sweaters. You added white on to all of them. It should match the shoulder stripes exactly. Now I'm not saying that all of the socks will look the same with black and yellow stripes, but have the tops and bottoms of the sock white black or yellow, and the middle with the black and yellow stripes. That or make the shoulder yoke stripes match the sock stripes. 

Thanks for the input!

I don't believe sock designs have to match jersey designs exactly. There are a lot of NHL teams that don't follow that, Boston, Calgary, Ottawa to name a few. In this case, I felt that the small black and yellow stripes might be a little much, though I may be wrong. I'll go back and try it and see how it looks.

For Seattle, is it hard to make out that the logo on the alt is the front view of a plane? Should I stretch it "up" a bit (like make it taller)?

5 minutes ago, CanucksBrad said:

Thanks for the input!

I don't believe sock designs have to match jersey designs exactly. There are a lot of NHL teams that don't follow that, Boston, Calgary, Ottawa to name a few. In this case, I felt that the small black and yellow stripes might be a little much, though I may be wrong. I'll go back and try it and see how it looks.

For Seattle, is it hard to make out that the logo on the alt is the front view of a plane? Should I stretch it "up" a bit (like make it taller)?

Calgary and Ottawa don't count because they're uniforms are... well something else. Boston on the other hand makes the striping work on their socks. These socks don't really work, no offense. the extra white stripe really makes it odd.  

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Very Nice jerseys! But on the logo, make the Saskatoon wordmark over it the same as the NOB. It looks really forced and kinda chunky with the extra think outline... Other than that it's great!

12 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Very Nice jerseys! But on the logo, make the Saskatoon wordmark over it the same as the NOB. It looks really forced and kinda chunky with the extra think outline... Other than that it's great!

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Can you be more specific?

Like make the "Saskatoon" wordmark thinner or thinker? Or make the name font thicker or thinner? Or do you mean to remove/reduce the green/white arched space behind it?

13 hours ago, CanucksBrad said:

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Can you be more specific?

Like make the "Saskatoon" wordmark thinner or thinker? Or make the name font thicker or thinner? Or do you mean to remove/reduce the green/white arched space behind it?

Exactly. The Saskatoon word mark on the green jersey should have white letters with a black outline, and NO arched white space. The white jersey should have green letters with a black outline, and NO arched green space. And the black jersey should have white letters with a green outline, and NO arched white space. 

5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Exactly. The Saskatoon word mark on the green jersey should have white letters with a black outline, and NO arched white space. The white jersey should have green letters with a black outline, and NO arched green space. And the black jersey should have white letters with a green outline, and NO arched white space. 

I see. You think it makes it look clunky? I don't really see it, but I'll try it out and see how it looks. Might be an improvement, who knows.

Or would it be better with no wordmark at all?

5 hours ago, CanucksBrad said:

I see. You think it makes it look clunky? I don't really see it, but I'll try it out and see how it looks. Might be an improvement, who knows.

Or would it be better with no wordmark at all?

Yeah It's very big and bulky and looks very unprofessional and very minor league, but I do like the wordmark there... Just make the work mark letter match the ones for the NOB, and eliminate the bulky outline of the letter, because around the rest of the logo (the pickaxes) looks fine. 

12 hours ago, ujju2 said:

What if this was a roundel logo? I know they're overused, but this just feels a bit... empty. Nice work on the jerseys regardless!

My fear would be that it would look too much like the Bombers logo, which is a roundel and also features crossed hockey sticks.

23 hours ago, CanucksBrad said:

thoughts on the Miners logo before we move on? chcarlson?

Absolutely perfect! 

Archived