Site Additions

CC97

In the interest of this community expanding it's role to that of INFLUENCER of sports marketing, as opposed to merely documentation and discussion, I suggest perhaps a section/page (whatever seems right) devoted to work by CCSLC members that is, or has been used, by actual teams.

I see that Shiz has entered the ever-expanding brotherhood with the Canton Legends (terrific work btw) and perhaps this is the right time?

As more and more clubs of all sizes turn to this site as a viable option, what a boon it would be to be able to show off all your (our) success stories in one location.

Just a thought.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the interest of this community expanding it's role to that of INFLUENCER of sports marketing, as opposed to merely documentation and discussion, I suggest perhaps a section/page (whatever seems right) devoted to work by CCSLC members that is, or has been used, by actual teams.

I see that Shiz has entered the ever-expanding brotherhood with the Canton Legends (terrific work btw) and perhaps this is the right time?

As more and more clubs of all sizes turn to this site as a viable option, what a boon it would be to be able to show off all your (our) success stories in one location.

Just a thought.

That's a great idea.

Thanks.

:D

This is not to, how shall I say, freeze out anyone who hasn't yet been lucky in that regard. ( I mean, as of today, this would be a section without Nitroseed in it which is borderline criminal ) so it clearly wouldn't be indicative of all the talent here. And as I say, the last thing I suggest it for is to segregate or disparage anyone who's work ISN'T featured.

EDIT#2*** What is my problem? It's like I've been missing for two years. OMG...I'm Sydney Bristow :P Apparently some intellilgent people realized the brilliance of Brad and have adopted Drillers and Cards logos? Cool. Congrats.

Rather the opposite. If there were a professional-looking gallery of logos in use, it's going to increase the Chreamer brand (if you will) and hopefully further confirm to teams that they have hit upon a gold mine of a resource.

There are lots of particulars that would need to be sorted out.

For one, would the two big boys (Joe and Flynn) even want to be on it? Who knows. Its not exactly like either of those two depends on the CCLSC for work and they may feel as though it actually detracts from them.

However it would play out, I think it would be better if it weren't a sticky topic, but more integrated into the website.

Something that would really draw viewers attention and click throughs.

Sterling, I wholeheartedly agree with this idea. I think it would be a phenominal way to gain some noteriety for those who have groomed and refined they're skills here or have at least been influenced by the members here.

Also, on the subject of job postings, I think this could work out really well. If we get paid for doing a certain logo or job posted on this site, you could get a cut and it would help pay for the ever expanding chriscreamer.com.

I would like to see minor league hockey pages.(AHL, ECHL, UHL,SPHL,etc)

Good job with the jr leagues, but minor hockey would be good. :hockeysmiley:

I'll second that motion.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Sterling, I wholeheartedly agree with this idea. I think it would be a phenominal way to gain some noteriety for those who have groomed and refined they're skills here or have at least been influenced by the members here.

Also, on the subject of job postings, I think this could work out really well. If we get paid for doing a certain logo or job posted on this site, you could get a cut and it would help pay for the ever expanding chriscreamer.com.

I've had that idea in mind for a while, I just wasn't sure how people would feel if I asked for a percentage.

I love the idea of showcasing members work either on sportslogos.net or within the boards somehow -- i think that's something that could get teams interested in actually hiring the group to design rather than individuals (anyone?)

Pinned topics at the top: I agree, maybe it is time for a contests board. I had a concepts board at one point but it didn't go over too well at all.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I love the idea of showcasing members work either on sportslogos.net or within the boards somehow -- i think that's something that could get teams interested in actually hiring the group to design rather than individuals (anyone?)

Personally, I've never had so much fun designing as when the whole board joined in for the IHA stuff. Man, you had Nitro rocking the Comets and JS on the Trojans and many others throwin out such good work. Its was contagious and intoxicating.

Now, how do you bottle that......and clear all the legal concerns that both CCSLC members AND teams would have?

Simple I guess. Anyone pitching in on a concept would have to acknowledge that it was a CCSLC project (i.e. its Chris' client) and we're all brainstorming freelance contract help. If they bought that, and we bought that. Problem solved.

You know, like you can't even post in that thread without reading and confirming a disclaimer or whatever.

It wouldnt stop any member from seeking out work on their own like always, but may steer more teams here.

Now, as for compensation for all involved? Thats a big problem waiting to happen. I have no ideas.

Now, as for compensation for all involved? Thats a big problem waiting to happen. I have no ideas.

Well, I would think that anyone having a part of the creation process gets the cash. Or what we could do is rather than work on it as a group, the teams/companies could come to us individually or work indivudually on it. I think that a group project gets too complicated if money gets involved. If that's the case we could work on a project every once in a while where the total cash goes to the upkeep of the site. Who know, maybe we would even be able to get our own server?

Macromedia Flash capabilities for avatars and signatures!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Now, as for compensation for all involved?  Thats a big problem waiting to happen.  I have no ideas.

Where's yh when you need him?

Here I am - and you'll probably wish I never showed up.

What's being discussed is essentially a for-profit creative co-operative. Organizations would come to the co-operative for assistance with logo packages and whatnot and the co-op would produce a set of concepts which the organization would be able to purchase - easy enough. The real issues boil down to (1) how does cash change hands; (2) how are profits divided; and (3) what are the tax implications, especially since we have potential co-op members in several different countries.

Here's my thoughts (NOT a legal opinion - I absolutely must provide this disclaimer for my own insurance purposes):

1) The co-op should be incorporated so that no single individual would have the "legal" rights to any products, designs, etc. The corporation would elect officers who would essentially become the trustees for all intellectual property.

2) I would suggest the issuance of shares of stock to those members of the cooperative who contribute to any product which is ultimately purchased. It would be up to the board of directors to decide how much stock each individual would get and should base that on an honest determination of the degree of work and skill each contributor provided. At the end of each year (or quarter), a dividend is paid on a per-share basis to each shareholder. Thus, those whom the board felt contributed the most would receive a larger share of the money. Note that the sum of all dividends should not equal 100% of gross receipts. The board should decide a proper percentage which should be held in the co-op's treasury for operating expenses, taxes, etc.

3) I know very little about tax law, especially since each nation and state has a different scheme. The co-op should engage counsel in whatever state/province in which they decide to incorporate.

Again, these are just my sketchy thoughts on the issue. If you're serious about this - and I think it's a notion that certainly should be explored - be prepared to pay for the legal work to keep it kosher and also go into the enterprise with a true co-operative spirit.

Good luck!

If that's the case we could work on a project every once in a while where the total cash goes to the upkeep of the site. Who know, maybe we would even be able to get our own server?

Thats what I'm saying.

THere is virtually no way to quantify/qualify/whatever exactly who helped and how much.

WOuld the stampede [::joke:: cough] process have been the same without the feed back of BiB? Would any of our joint works been the same without everyones input/feedback? Doubtful.

First and foremost, we don't have to have this all figured out to have a section dedicated to CCLSC success stories. Thats a separate issue.

Second, if it comes to that, I would think the team in question could request to be put in touch with a particular designer and go solo from there. OR they could request a team effort in which the only fair thing to do is have profits go toward the board. Members participating in that would simply have to take their compensation in pride and accomplishment I think.

Finding work at his level is always going to be a gamble. If you're not ok with that, then don't join in (on this particular endeavor) right?

EDIT** and then he read Yale's post and wept at his ignorance, creeping slowly into the ignorant hole from whence he came.

If that's the case we could work on a project every once in a while where the total cash goes to the upkeep of the site. Who know, maybe we would even be able to get our own server?

Thats what I'm saying.

THere is virtually no way to quantify/qualify/whatever exactly who helped and how much.

WOuld the stampede [::joke:: cough] process have been the same without the feed back of BiB? Would any of our joint works been the same without everyones input/feedback? Doubtful.

First and foremost, we don't have to have this all figured out to have a section dedicated to CCLSC success stories. Thats a separate issue.

Second, if it comes to that, I would think the team in question could request to be put in touch with a particular designer and go solo from there. OR they could request a team effort in which the only fair thing to do is have profits go toward the board. Members participating in that would simply have to take their compensation in pride and accomplishment I think.

Finding work at his level is always going to be a gamble. If you're not ok with that, then don't join in (on this particular endeavor) right?

EDIT** and then he read Yale's post and wept at his ignorance, creeping slowly into the ignorant hole from whence he came.

There it is. I think you nailed it on the head.

Archived