Site Additions

CC97

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to dredge this one up, but I had an idea...

Where possible, maybe you could put the name of the designer/firm that made the logo on the page with the logo?

I could, but that would require a load of research, especially for historical images.

It's something I might add in the future, because I love completeness in details.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Sorry to dredge this one up, but I had an idea...

Where possible, maybe you could put the name of the designer/firm that made the logo on the page with the logo?

I could, but that would require a load of research, especially for historical images.

It's something I might add in the future, because I love completeness in details.

Yeah, I was thinking the historical ones might be a pain.

I also had a thought today, but this is more in the forums...

As I was coming home from a another day at my low paying Graphic Design job that too much of the time is devoted to being an Office assistant; I thought, what about a Job Postings area. We have enough members that are established Graphic Designers and Web Developers that they can possibly tap the resources of this community. You could also include paying freelance jobs as well. Perhaps even two areas, one for those looking for jobs, and one for those looking for employees.

I'd moderate the forum if it was needed.

Some rules I thought about already:

A minimum payout on freelance jobs, and develop a way to ensure that designer and the client were protected.

Restrict those looking for jobs to College Graduates. Sorry guys, but you will need a college degree at most jobs. Avenger is an exception, not the rule. However you would be allowed to post for freelance opportunities. Or apply for posted jobs. Just not allowed to post your resume. I say this to increase the crediblity of the data base.

Restricting resume's to only Name, emails and websites to ensure the protection of identities.

Restricting postings to only creative positions, preferably sports related, but most of us aren't going to be working in creative sports related fields.

Full Time employment jobs would not have to be posted by the ones serching. So if someone that has a job or wouldn't want to relocate to a job, they could post a job they find so someone else here might be able to apply.

And other rules could be developed as well. Those were just some of the thoughts I had.

Maybe you don't want this to turn into creamer.monster.com, but It was a thought i had. I'd understand if you didn't want to do this. Heck, everyone might hate the idea. Maybe there are issues with this that I'm not even thinking about.

As I was coming home from a another day at my low paying Graphic Design job that too much of the time is devoted to being an Office assistant; I thought, what about a Job Postings area. We have enough members that are established Graphic Designers and Web Developers that they can possibly tap the resources of this community. You could also include paying freelance jobs as well. Perhaps even two areas, one for those looking for jobs, and one for those looking for employees.

A minimum payout on freelance jobs, and develop a way to ensure that designer and the client were protected.

Restrict those looking for jobs to College Graduates. Sorry guys, but you will need a college degree at most jobs. Avenger is an exception, not the rule. However you would be allowed to post for freelance opportunities. Or apply for posted jobs. Just not allowed to post your resume. I say this to increase the crediblity of the data base.

Restricting resume's to only Name, emails and websites to ensure the protection of identities.

Restricting postings to only creative positions, preferably sports related, but most of us aren't going to be working in creative sports related fields.

Full Time employment jobs would not have to be posted by the ones serching. So if someone that has a job or wouldn't want to relocate to a job, they could post a job they find so someone else here might be able to apply.

And other rules could be developed as well. Those were just some of the thoughts I had.

Maybe you don't want this to turn into creamer.monster.com, but It was a thought i had. I'd understand if you didn't want to do this. Heck, everyone might hate the idea. Maybe there are issues with this that I'm not even thinking about.

Here's an additional idea to add to that...

- CCSLC gets some sort of percentage for this :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

one thing that would be huge, but i dont know how realistic, would be a downloads section, kind of like the templates section. for those of us who do not have the bandwidth to host downloads of our templates or like nick and JPs vector nfl number sheets or things of the nature, we could send them to you, and they would them be made available that way, so people like me dont always have to email file after file after file to the masses. issue being, i dont know how much bndwdth you have and/or if you would have enough to waste on that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

i have a fun, non design related idea, i don't know if this ever went into the US, but my idea is our own 'CCSLC Big Brother' like the show Big Brother. People wanting to go in will nominate and then would be voted in, then we vote them out...there would be daily or weekly tasks (not design related) and then we have a vote to kick them out. There could be 15 people to enter the BigBrother house and one winner at the end. I have seen it work on other forums so why can't we have one here. It is supposed to be fun and meant to make jokes .

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

As I was coming home from a another day at my low paying Graphic Design job that too much of the time is devoted to being an Office assistant; I thought, what about a Job Postings area.  We have enough members that are established Graphic Designers and Web Developers that they can possibly tap the resources of this community.  You could also include paying freelance jobs as well.  Perhaps even two areas, one for those looking for jobs, and one for those looking for employees. 

Restrict those looking for jobs to College Graduates.  Sorry guys, but you will need a college degree at most jobs.  Avenger is an exception, not the rule.  However you would be allowed to post for freelance opportunities.  Or apply for posted jobs.  Just not allowed to post your resume.  I say this to increase the crediblity of the data base. 

Full Time employment jobs would not have to be posted by the ones serching.  So if someone that has a job or wouldn't want to relocate to a job, they could post a job they find so someone else here might be able to apply.

And other rules could be developed as well.  Those were just some of the thoughts I had.

Maybe you don't want this to turn into creamer.monster.com, but It was a thought i had.  I'd understand if you didn't want to do this.  Heck, everyone might hate the idea.  Maybe there are issues with this that I'm not even thinking about.

Here's an additional idea to add to that...

- CCSLC gets some sort of percentage for this :)

how about a listing fee for those looking for people? the fee say $2 for each listing and then it gets sent to the plsce to where-ever the Donations page goes to

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

maybe more columns?

Ditto!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I may get scorched for this...but I'd like to see a new forum for Challenges & Contests. :therock:

The "Important Topics" listing at the top of the forum is getting out of hand. At the very least, all the contests should be moved to a different forum. Then, get rid of the stuff that's over a week old, except for the FAQ I suppose.

Oh, and limit the size and ridiculousness of signatures.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Oh, and limit the size and ridiculousness of signatures.

You can choose to not view anyone's signatures if you want.

Go to "my controls" then "board settings" and then set your option for "Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?" to "No". It will clean things up right nice for you.

What I would like to see is a listing for each team for what commemorative patches they have worn on their jerseys throughout their history and pictures when available.

This was part of one of the old incarnations of the sports logo web site some years back.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

As for suggestions for the forum...

Perhaps split concepts into a different forum from the actual uni-news. Contests could go on the concepts board, while projects (like NBA Uni-Project) could stay on the uniform board. I like checking out concepts and giving my opinions, but sometimes I like a board like PANTONE's that is just uniform news, rumors, and historical stuff. There's just too much topic overlap to commit to that board, though. Either way, I love the board and will keep coming back; I just think that more separation would be a good thing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I may get scorched for this...but I'd like to see a new forum for Challenges & Contests. :therock:

The "Important Topics" listing at the top of the forum is getting out of hand. At the very least, all the contests should be moved to a different forum. Then, get rid of the stuff that's over a week old, except for the FAQ I suppose.

I agree on this.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yeah, the pinned topics section is huge.. and i totally miss the contests up there. The contests were easier to find and participate in when they were in the normal listing of topics. I'm more used to pinned topics being for templates, FAQs, etc. Not active threads.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived