Site Additions

CC97

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt mind seeing guest commentary on some more infamous jerseys-logos-etc.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Chris:

1. First off, one thing NOT to change- the Extra Large Logo's!

2. Although not a "feature", many of us are eagerly awaiting the addition of the NCAA COLLEGE FOOTBALL Category of Logos! : :D

I know this is a large task (and I am sure your team is working on it), so I would suggest you prioritize/start with the Division 1 traditional powerhouse teams (based on wins/rankings, etc. such as Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Florida/State, Miami, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas/A&M ... (you get the point)and also teams that are popular for other reasons (rabid fans, logo or colors, or whatever, such as North Carolina,...).

3. I would also like to see the "addition" of a sub-catetegory that shows the HELMET Logo NOT on the helmet (but still keep the helmet version).

That way you have a "straight on" undistorted shot of the logo by itself, and then the "bent/curved" view of the "on the helmet" version.

As you are well aware, the helmet logos are often different than the Primary or secondary logos. In fact in a many instances, the helmet logo is only found on the helmet itself. One major example is the version of "Trojan Head" found on the USC football helmet- as far as I know, the helmet is the only place the university ever uses this logo.

Anyway, it is refreshing to see that even though your site is already incredible, that you still seek advice to make it even better. :notworthy:

Oh and by the way, did I mention I can't wait to see College Football logos on the site. :grin:

Hope this helps.

I'd like to see some NCAA College Hockey Jersey crests.

You will have noticed that these are often not the same as the logos used for football and basketball, and high-quality versions are often very hard to find.

Here is a contribution to get you underway.

UMaine.gif

Can't wait to see your finished collection! :D:upside:

Excellent suggestions guys...

The logo critiquing could be added as a "Latest Observation" column, if anyone wants to submit one at anytime, I'll accept it... just PM me to let me know!

I'm not sure what you mean by the franchise thumbnails sabrejeff, please explain a little more.

How would the timeline feature work Waffles? Maybe under the list of the logos have the "timeline"?

Football-Fan... I don't have that category because I don't have any helmet-only logos (Vikings, Rams, Eagles); if I had 'em you'd see it.

No need to suggest leagues to add, every league in the world is on our "To-Do List".

I was also thinking of creating a "Comment" feature under opinion columns to let viewers provide their feedback to their articles... but I'm wondering how often it would be used.

Anything else?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'm not sure what you mean by the franchise thumbnails sabrejeff, please explain a little more.

Yeah, I didn't understand it after I re-read it either.

What I meant, is when you click on a team name, a page comes up with the list of logos you have for them. You then click on that to see a fullsized logo.

I was hoping to see a small thumbnail on the list page, to have an idea if that is indeed the logo I was looking for. Sort of like thesle used to be.

No big deal, just a sugestion.

How would the timeline feature work Waffles?  Maybe under the list of the logos have the "timeline"?

Sure, something like

"In 2000, the Angels, seeking to establish a more localized identity, adopted the name Anaheim Angels and changed their logos and uniforms"?

Just a little backstory, perhaps.

I was also thinking of creating a "Comment" feature under opinion columns to let viewers provide their feedback to their articles... but I'm wondering how often it would be used.

Maybe you could just give each opinion column its own thread on the boards here...

how bout a quote of the day from the boards? or maybe week would be better. The best quote by someone not inteneding to win quote of the week gets embarrassed or saluted for a full week!

You can ask if its ok with them and all. But it'd be kinda funny.

How would the timeline feature work Waffles? Maybe under the list of the logos have the "timeline"?

Sure, something like

"In 2000, the Angels, seeking to establish a more localized identity, adopted the name Anaheim Angels and changed their logos and uniforms"?

Just a little backstory, perhaps.

Maybe you could just give each opinion column its own thread on the boards here...

This is kinda what I meant, too.

Sort of half history, half a review, but to serve the point of telling the viewer the story of the logo, uni, city changes.

Thanks for taking suggestions, Chris!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

How about adding some baseball avatars? We could even turn it into an ongoing, forum-wide project.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Archived