St. Louis Blues Secondary Logo Concept (UPDATE)

BigRed618

You might have seen this already, or some rougher version of it, but I don't feel as if I got much feedback on it. I figured they could use an STL monogram not unlike the one used by MLB's Cardinals. Let me know what you think. Does this look like something the Blues could wear on their shoulders?

image.png

1 hour ago, BigRed618 said:

You might have seen this already, or some rougher version of it, but I don't feel as if I got much feedback on it. I figured they could use an STL monogram not unlike the one used by MLB's Cardinals. Let me know what you think. Does this look like something the Blues could wear on their shoulders?

image.png

I get this vibe:

general-mills-logo.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I'm back with an update. I made a little more space between the S and L as you suggested. I think it looks better now. I also made different versions of the emblem where I attempt to add some detail to the hockey stick-shaped L. The top row is plain, the middle has five thin stripes, and the bottom row has "BLUES" on them. I also made navy blue versions, as someone requested. Let me know what you think.

image.png

There's a good idea somewhere in this. I wouldn't say you need 12 different recolorings of the same logo essentially but you need to work on all the faults first.

Three of my biggest faults I can see is there is no white background cut out on the left side of the "S". Next to that, I assume where it is supposed to curl, you lose that effect without having an accent to help promote that effect. Lastly, of all the C&C you received, the thickness of the stick effect was not addressed. Adding lines I guess helped assure that it is supposed to be a "L" and "stick". I get it.

I would fix those problems, make the image larger with crisper lines so we can give more C&C.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

There's a real genius idea in this. I can't believe it hasn't been done yet, honestly. Those are always the best ideas.

The devil now is in the details. The "tape lines" for the stick should be parallel to the line that forms the top of the L. The tape lines version is definitely the best, because it fills in some blanks without being obvious and without adding the clutter of BLUES at the bottom.

There are odd flat edges in the outlines. The far left side of it has flat edges on the outside of each curve. There's a flat side on the right side, below the T as well. There are also flat edges cutting off the top-right corner of the T and the stick.

I think you should also make a version that's a full wordmark, with the OUIS next to it. Really flesh out the idea. Maybe it can be better as a full city name, maybe it'll just make your version of the logo more obvious. 

But really, there's something genius here, stick with it and tinker.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived