Marvel Friendship Charity Cup - Wakanda vs. Sokovia

officeglenn

I watched Avengers: Age of Ultron last week, and was intrigued by the two fictional nations in the movie, Wakanda and Sokovia. Both nations sustained heavy damages as the Avengers fought Ultron, and that got me thinking about a hypothetical scenario ...

Let's say that, after the battles in both countries, Tony Stark organized a soccer match between the two national teams to raise money for the rebuilding efforts. What would the crests and kits look like? Here's my take on them:

Marvel-Friendship-Charity-Cup_zpscwlbjjs

WAKANDA v SOKOVIA

National Team Crests

Wakanda-logo_zpsbdr2vc3a.pngSokovia-logo_zps34awgcpf.png

Both crests are heavily influenced by each country's flag as found on the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki pages linked above.

Primary Kits

wakanda-home_zpsdqrwwz2i.png

Wakanda's primary kit is modeled after the costume of the hero Black Panther, otherwise known as T'Challa, the country's prince and protector.

sokovia-home_zpsppzyd5fb.png

Sokovia's primary kit is again heavily influenced by its flag, and features a sublimated eagle on the lower half of the shirt.

Clash Kits

wakanda-away_zpskbn1iume.png

Wakanda's clash kit features a zigzag pattern of red, yellow and green lines, colours that can be found on its flag and reflect its proud African heritage. The pattern itself is representative of vibranium, the country's most precious natural resource.

sokovia-away_zpsmcwuz2eg.png

Sokovia's clash kit is meant to emphasize the gold in the flag and mark a departure from the red-and-blue colour scheme that is used by many other countries in the world. The golden eagle is front and centre on the shirt, making a bold statement about the country itself and its aspirations.

Archived