Carolina Railhawks Redesign *UPDATE 6/7*

BlackBolt3

Another summer, another soccer concept. Looked back through North Carolina's railroad history and included some of those design elements in the crest and secondary logo. All feedback is appreciated.

CarRailhawksPre1.png

CarRailhawksPre2.png

CarRailhawksPre3.png

CarRailhawksPre4_1.png

CarRailhawksPre5.png

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

45 minutes ago, Go Red Sox! said:

I like everything except the usage of my most-hated font, Arial, in the circle logo.

Oh no, I hate Arial too. But it actually was used in the Southern Railroad logo, which was the base of the secondary logo: 77229-800x800.jpg

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

7 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Oh no, I hate Arial too. But it actually was used in the Southern Railroad logo, which was the base of the secondary logo: 77229-800x800.jpg

I'm 99.9% sure they used Helvetica (Bold), not Arial. Compare the "R" of the original logo with yours (Arial).

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Fantastic concept, man!  I love basically everything about this, though I think a couple things could be changed.  I do agree that the Arial looks a little weird on the roundel, but it's hard to tell if the original logo uses that or Helvetica.  I think what might make it easier to tell is if you changed the text on the roundel to something like "Carolina RailHawks Football Club" (or Soccer Club, whatever you're going for here) to moreso match the length of the original roundel.  Another thing that could change is the Carolina text in the main logo from white to navy, though I'm not totally sure if that'd be a better look over what you currently have.   All in all, however, those are two minor critiques on an otherwise fantastic concept.  Keep up the good work!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Man, that is a definite upgrade!  Bravo! 

My only gripe is the whole ribbon-protruding-the-shield thing that I've grown tired of. I know lots of soccer logos use but man, lets keep it in the shield, or ribbon arch under (style: Stoke), or use more symbolism all together. I'd like to see your logo without the ribbon, and a larger version of the "CR" under that very cool "streaking railhawk". This one is definitely not as bad at all but I feel the protruding ribbon (If I may), interrupts some designs that would be better without them.  

That being said, this one beats the current with a stick. As for as that font is concerned (the old one in railway logo), isn't that a rounded version of Arial?

On 3. Juni 2016 at 8:36 PM, Est1980 said:

Man, that is a definite upgrade!  Bravo! 

My only gripe is the whole ribbon-protruding-the-shield thing that I've grown tired of. I know lots of soccer logos use but man, lets keep it in the shield, or ribbon arch under (style: Stoke), or use more symbolism all together. I'd like to see your logo without the ribbon, and a larger version of the "CR" under that very cool "streaking railhawk". This one is definitely not as bad at all but I feel the protruding ribbon (If I may), interrupts some designs that would be better without them.  

That being said, this one beats the current with a stick. As for as that font is concerned (the old one in railway logo), isn't that a rounded version of Arial?

I would say no. The "R" of Arial looks a lot different compared to Helvetica's "R". I also thought it's a rounded typeface, but it's just the blurred image quality that makes the letters look that way.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived