NHL Little Howlers Concept Logo

C-Squared

As some of you may have seen, I am in the middle of a Lil NHL concept series of youth-inspired NHL logo spinoffs. I have decided to submit some of my designs to NHL teams for their youth hockey programs (some don't work for the brands teams have cultivated, so I'll try to work those elements into my upcoming designs). The first logo I am formatting for submission is for the Little Howlers program, run by the Arizona Coyotes. I posted this logo before, but made a few tweaks and developed a crest for the program. I am looking for any feedback before I pull the trigger and send it in!

The current logo is based off their mascot, but its worth taking a shot in another direction!

Untitled-1.jpg

I like the little moons, but would be fine if they went.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I'd actually change the roudel moons to paw-prints. I like the moon in the center. 

This is a really great idea though, just needs a little refinement. 

Paw prints done in sand, I like that idea, a lot.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

I'd actually change the roudel moons to paw-prints. I like the moon in the center. 

This is a really great idea though, just needs a little refinement. 

Great idea, I think this would look great too.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

This is so cute! I think the biggest thing for me is that the colors and shapes of the pup's head make it kind of blur together with the background... I know you can't do anything for the tones, but maybe you can add some sand to the eye area? I think the eye and some of the details around the neck are too small, so they get lost. It's also kind of like that with the very small fur tufts on the back. I'd either enlarge the details or cut some of them.

So adorble, though! I like that the little coyote definitely feels like a pup, and not just a small coyote.

Archived