With the NHL's 100th anniversary first approaching, I figure Adidas designers are working on special jerseys. In this concept, on the exact anniversary of the first ever NHL game, the three matchups of the night feature the NHL's Original Six teams, each with a sweater throwing back to their history.

BRUINS @ CANADIENS

Original%20Six%20Night-%20Boston%20Bruin

With the Canadiens sporting close to exactly what they wore originally, I dug back to their pre-NHL days, and made a red version of their white sash jersey. With the Bruins having worn a black version of what they wore originally, I threw back to a later era, with their Winter Classic logo taking center stage. A note- all designs sport a round sweater collar and one-layer numbers, to emulate the style worn back then.

RED WINGS @ MAPLE LEAFS

Original%20Six%20Night-%20Detroit%20Red%

For Toronto, I converted their Arenas jerseys to the Adidas template. For the Red Wings, since the Cougars logo doesn't represent their current brand, I created a new logo inspired by the Cougars crest, and threw back to the Cougars jerseys as well.

BLACKHAWKS @ RANGERS

Original%20Six%20Night-%20Chicago%20Blac

For the Rangers, again, nothing much has changed, but I had no choice, so I just converted their originals to the Adidas template. For Chicago, I was inspired by their originals, keeping the shoulder pattern, but added red and a new arm and hem striping.

C&C Appreciated! I spent a lot of time on this project, so I hope it turned out well!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

With the great feedback, I've decided to add "Second Six Night" into the mix.

Here's the first matchup:

BLUES @ KINGS

Second%20Six%20Night-%20St.%20Louis%20Bl

For the Kings, their first jerseys have been brought back time and time again, so I decided to mix both sets of the forum blue and gold era, with this as the result. For the Blues, I just tweaked their original white to match throughout the jersey, with a slight tribute to their unused jersey.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

i like this alot. that kings-blues matchup is nice. 

for the original 6, if the Bruins play the Rangers, or the Red Wings, would different jerseys be used?

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

1 minute ago, BostonStrong13 said:

i like this alot. that kings-blues matchup is nice. 

for the original 6, if the Bruins play the Rangers, or the Red Wings, would different jerseys be used?

Thanks! This is a meant to be one-off night, unless a team chooses individually to use it at another time in the season, like the Stadium Series and Winter Classic jerseys.

Nyzv9xS.png

9 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Thanks! This is a meant to be one-off night, unless a team chooses individually to use it at another time in the season, like the Stadium Series and Winter Classic jerseys.

ok i get it now. thanks and good job!

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

21 minutes ago, hockey week said:

This would be an excellent one-off night. The Original Six ones are all perfect. Looking forward to the rest of the Second 6 (Hoping for some 67 Penguins action!)

I'll post the Pittsburgh-Philly one soon. Should I create a Sharks-Stars one as well? I'm not too sure...

Nyzv9xS.png

10 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

I'll post the Pittsburgh-Philly one soon. Should I create a Sharks-Stars one as well? I'm not too sure...

Sure! People are going to freak out regardless, and you're going to have to make some decisions as to whether or not it's going to be Seals-North Stars or Sharks-Stars (that looks like Seals-North Stars), but I think if you have the idea, do it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

FLYERS @ PENGUINS

Second%20Six%20Night-%20Philadelphia%20F

For the Penguins, I resurrected their original blue, with a recoloured roundel logo. Since the Flyers are still wearing the exact same set as they did originally, I threw back to another perfect look, with slight tweaks to relate to their current look.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Gotta have the gold triangle on the Penguins logo. It doesn't work without it. It's not just an arbitrary shape behind the penguin, the Golden Triangle is the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers to form the Ohio River, which makes up actual Downtown Pittsburgh. It's called the Golden Triangle and that's why it's there, even when it never matched the color scheme. That little quirk of color scheme makes it look so much more vintage imo, it feels like something you couldn't get away with today. 

...did you also recolor the penguin blue? Did...did it suffocate? lol.

Change the colors back on the logo and I think you've got a winner.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

san%20jose%20seals_zpsj1pxaqod.png

Here's a preview of tomorrow's matchup...

THE SAN JOSE SEERKS!!

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Archived