Curling Club Logo (need input)

72freebie

So I have recently been asked to design a new logo for my local curling club. The current logo is very bland and I am glad that I get to design a new one. I used red and blue for the colors because those are the two colors of rocks that the club has. I also added an oil drop to the shield because Virden is the Oil Capital of Manitoba and that is what the town is best known for. The four lines in the shield represent the 4 sheets of ice in the rink. I chose to use old corn brooms instead of newer ones because as you can see in the logo, the club has been around for 117 years. any comments are appreciated as I would like to have a finalized version done soon.

VCC.png

also here is a blurry version of current logo. 

124.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

It's definitely a much better design than the previous one. I'd be curious to see that target looking thing replaced with the curler or whatever it's called like on the other logo.

But still, this is a great improvement.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

It might be worth experimenting with a stone, instead. I, personally, think this is great, as is.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

The split-color letters are a bit much. Really, I think there might be too much going on, and that puts it well over the top. I'd also think of cutting the blue outline. The elements are good, all of them, but there are too many, though the Oil Drop, curling rings, and Est. 1889 are all solid, don't lose those.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I like where you are going on this design. A few things I think you should consider changing: Try new fonts (the straight edge shape of the letters doesn't match the curvyness of the rest of the design), make the letters one color (two very contrasting colors give it an odd look), having the word outline/shield outline/broom outline all red drops the layering effect that you have going (half flat/half 3D), the 4 blue lines make me see 5 (white) sheets of ice, with the 3D outline on "VIRDEN" it makes it look like "CURLING CLUB" is on the bottom of the 3D outline (maybe a blue outline on "CURLING CLUB" would help?? or remove the 3D outline).

Archived