Toronto blue jays logo edit

Phil

torbjEdit.gif

If the remote link doesn't work, copy&paste to view SyPhi and Chris' Toronto Blue Jays Logo Edit

Also available, copy&paste to view SyPhi and Chris' Toronto Blue Jays Logo Edit with an all-encompassing outline.

Which one looks better? With or without an outline.

As stated above, this was originally Chris (Creamer of course)'s idea, he wrote the screenplay, I just produced it in a way.

Questions? Suggestions? Comments? Criticisms?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Thanks everyone. I don't have any big plans for jerseys yet, if someone wants to try their hand at one with this logo, by all means (but please credit CC97 and I with the logo).

Right now we're dead even with the outline/no outline debate.

Thanks for all the nice comments, I really appreciate them all.

Comments, questions, etc still more than welcome.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Right now we're dead even with the outline/no outline debate.

Not any more.  I don't think the outline is necessary.  It looks good either way, but I just don't think there's any benefit to adding the outline or any detriment to the design by not having an outline.

The more I think about it, most don't, but what is with all the Canadian teams in sports having a Maple Leaf.

Same reason all my clients in Montana want mountains and rivers in their logos. ;)

We've talked about moving to Hawaii for 6 months a year so that we can do lots of waves and palm trees. Then back to the mountains and rivers.

The Maple Leafs don't cound because that's thair flipping name, they HAVE to have a maple leaf as their logo...but let's take a look...

Blue Jays (Currnet: Tattoo on Jay's arm)

Senators (Current: Shoulder Logo on 3rd jersey)

Umm, that's all i can think of. Of the four major sports, these are the only teams with a Maple Leaf somehwhere in their logo.

So not ALL of the canadian teams have maple leaves in their logos

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The more I think about it, most don't, but what is with all the Canadian teams in sports having a Maple Leaf.

It goes like this. Less Canadian teams than American teams, plus the general fear of Canadians getting assimilated into being America Jr. (some may say we already are, but we like to keep whatever individuality we still have). We thus separate ourselves and from American teams with the maple leaf.

That aside, JQK makes an interesting observation. I, like you STL, thought maple leaves were more prevalent than they apparently are. The teams that remain all have logical reasons to have leaves in their logos too: Ottawa (since it's the capital), TML (it's their name), and the Blue Jays (one of two/soon to be one Canadian teams in major league baseball, and who have tried very hard to become Canada's team).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• LMU locked this topic

Archived