NHL City/Team Flags

MC Buffalo

Fantastic work, I really think I prefer the logo recoloured to match the flag, for most cities. There are a few notable exceptions, namely the Ducks, but this was a great series. Truly, bravo!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

My only complaint is the fact that you used Minneapolis for the Minnesota Wild. The Wild play in St. Paul, and that flag is better than Minneapolis's...

Otherwise these are all great!!!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I noticed that, too, but he stated earlier that he would be using the main metro flag for each. Thiugh it might be interesting to see St. Paul, Glendale and Sunrise, plus throwbacks for Hartford, Quebec, Atlanta, Kansas City, Cleveland and Oakland.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

7 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I noticed that, too, but he stated earlier that he would be using the main metro flag for each. Thiugh it might be interesting to see St. Paul, Glendale and Sunrise, plus throwbacks for Hartford, Quebec, Atlanta, Kansas City, Cleveland and Oakland.

But Glendale and Sunrise aren't like St. Paul. They're smaller less known suburbs. St. Paul is the Capital City, and the other half of the TWIN CITIES. It's just not the same...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

7 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

But Glendale and Sunrise aren't like St. Paul. They're smaller less known suburbs. St. Paul is the Capital City, and the other half of the TWIN CITIES. It's just not the same...

Sure, some people here say they're headed down to "the cities" for the weekend, but most just say Minneapolis. You see a greater distinction because you're from here, just like some in the DFW area get tetchy about Ft. Worth getting lumped in with Dallas, or borough distinction within NYC.

The simple fact is that most of the continent, and world, sees it as the Minneapolis metro. the sports teams aren't all called Minnesota because they want to save St. Paul's feelings, but because it's shorter than Minneapolis. 

4 hours ago, Jstn1586 said:

but the minnesota flag is

Flag_of_Minnesota.svg.png

THIS

Is your argument that he should make the flag used reflect the name? That is an option, but I think that using the primary metro city's flag is a better option for the Wild, Panthers, Hurricanes and Avalanche. The Coyotes are likely the only ones that would have had a better result from using the state flag.

6 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Sure, some people here say they're headed down to "the cities" for the weekend, but most just say Minneapolis. You see a greater distinction because you're from here, just like some in the DFW area get tetchy about Ft. Worth getting lumped in with Dallas, or borough distinction within NYC.

The simple fact is that most of the continent, and world, sees it as the Minneapolis metro. the sports teams aren't all called Minnesota because they want to save St. Paul's feelings, but because it's shorter than Minneapolis. 

I don't know about you, but when people ask me where I'm from, out-of-state, and I say the Twin Cities, most people know what I'm talking about. The airport here even has the MSP, or Minneapolis-St. Paul. Sure Minneapolis is listed first, but it IS bigger. St. Paul has just as much influence, and All that I'm saying is that The Wild play in the MAJOR city, and our capital of St. Paul. They're not like Sunrise Florida, which is a Suburb of Miami, and it's not like Glendale, which is a Suburb of Phoenix. St. Paul is not a Suburb of Minneapolis... It was even founded before Minneapolis.

And most sports teams are named after where they play, but some just don't make sense. Sunrise Panthers? Miami Panthers? No, Florida Panthers works best. And What about the Minnesota teams? The Minneapolis North Stars? Nope. The Minneapolis Golden Gophers? Double Nope. The Minneapolis Wild? Now you just sound crazy. (The Minneapolis Lakers worked though, as Minneapolis is the City of Lakes.)

I'm about midway through the same project for the English Premier League, but I thought I would revisit this one just briefly.

It appears I may have slighted the folks of St.Paul Minnesota slightly when I used the City of Minneapolis to represent the Wild.

No dis intended at all, I honestly did not know the team played in St.Paul.

here are the Minnesota Wild (St.Paul edition)

StPaul_zpscovrfaia.png

STPWild2_zpsabdbhmqc.png

STPWild_zpssi6qdjrn.png

STPWild3_zpsxvat8llh.png

Archived