Making it Better Update

Braden

If you all don't know, I am doing a long-term project redesigning the uniforms of every MLB team identity.

None of my concepts introduces new logos for any identity. Any changes I make are related to colour or uniform design.

All concepts are NOT final, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and put into great consideration into fulfilling it in my concepts.

So... Here's my latest:

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

This one I still need to work on. Those colours are so unique I'm finding difficulty to find a way to make them look good. I experimented with the alt, but I'm doubtful tat you all would like it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Seattle Mariners

This one I really like. I didn't change much, except for making the alt number font appear on all unis. I added a bit more teal as well.

Montreal Expos

Alright, alright, I'm ready for the critics. I brought back a retro uni as their alt. This is my favourite baseball uniform of all time, and I couldn't resist. Nothing else needed to be changed, except for that gawd awful red BP hat.

Houston Astros

Didn't really touch the home uni, but the road unis needed work, and I'm happy with the new consistency. The alt was an experiment. I'm iffy on it's ledgability, but it looks cool IMO.

Cincinnatti Reds

Again, not much change. I added pinstripes to the roads. The alt is, yes, another experiment. It's what I like to say retro-style, a coloured uni in retro. I think it's a big step up on their current alts.

And here's my previous entries:

Toronto Blue Jays

San Diego Padres

New York Mets

Florida Marlins

Colorado Rockies

Any feedback on any concept would be greatly appreciated.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

ill go 1 by 1, because i have nothing better to do:

Rays: maybe make the undershirt and hat on the Road uni Dark Green. thats a unique colour for MLB, and i think they should make it as prominent as possible. looks good otherwise.

Mariners: Perfect. the revised # font really adds to the set

Expos: the alternate really makes me laugh, just because it is so hideous. so hideous that its actually cool though, lol. i would like to see what montreal looks like without pinstripes, which are overused in MLB, imo.

Astros: again, ditch the pinstripes. the white alternate w/o pinstripes that they wear with the Brick hat is their alltime best set. i think you should use the red hat on your home uni as well.

Reds: i think the pinstrips fit here. retro-alt is sweet too.

Blue Jays: if you must use the new logo,MORE BLUE! the hats, socks and alternate jersey should all be blue IMO. otherwise, start with that awesome jays logo that SyPhi did and go from there.

Padres: i really like your sleeveless away, but also like the khaki ones they were now. maybe combine the two, to make a sleeveless khaki away. perfect otherwise.

Mets: Perfect. see what i mean here. no pinstipes = good.

Marlins: ive always thought they should have more teal in their scheme. i think the hats could work with teal brims, and maybe the script on the alt. could be teal too. maybe its just me...

Rockies: see Mets comment.

overall i really like what you're doing here Braden. cant wait to see the rest of the set!

Do you have a template that you could share for the MLB BP Uniforms? I've been doing one of these projects too (Waiting until I'm finished to post), and I've been waiting to find one to do the BP jerseys.

Back on topic....

These are great, I'll probably come back later and go one by one on it, but I'm short on time tonight.

I like your Mariners Batting Practice Jersey. As a Mariner fan (and emploee who hates his wardrobe) I have never liked their use of teal and wish that they would use a darker green. I have always thought that if the Mariners used A dark evergreen on their Alts instead of navy like you used on the their BP's instead of the silver, that they would look sharp and you have only confirmed it. Well Done!

felix5ix8na.png

Archived