My design goal was to create a simplistic style for each team. Of all of the redesigns I have seen, They don't differ enough from the originals. I like a simple style but I also appreciate the current designs. Take the new rockets logo, it is a simpler version from before. I plan on redesigning all of the current and some past teams 

10 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Your logos are all a bit too simplistic and minimalistic for my taste. They aren't bad designs per se but they don't really look like logos for basketball teams anymore. 

Then it is adhering to my design goal which was to create a simplistic style for each team. Of all of the redesigns I have seen, They don't differ enough from the originals. I like a simple style but I also appreciate the current designs. Take the new rockets logo, it is a simpler version from before. 

7 minutes ago, NoahKinard said:

Then it is adhering to my design goal which was to create a simplistic style for each team. Of all of the redesigns I have seen, They don't differ enough from the originals. I like a simple style but I also appreciate the current designs. Take the new rockets logo, it is a simpler version from before. 

Just as a tip, one thing I always do when I post my concepts on here is to state what I was hoping to accomplish so that everybody understands the direction I was hoping to go. I think that would have been a good thing for you to say in your original post just so people like me can understand your perspective a little bit more before seeing your actual designs. But thanks for clearing that up for me, it always helps to hear the perspective of the designer.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

Just as a tip, one thing I always do when I post my concepts on here is to state what I was hoping to accomplish so that everybody understands the direction I was hoping to go. I think that would have been a good thing for you to say in your original post just so people like me can understand your perspective a little bit more before seeing your actual designs. But thanks for clearing that up for me, it always helps to hear the perspective of the designer.

I appreciate the advice. I can see where you are coming from. I think going forward I will modify the post to be more descriptive. And in the future, I will do the same.

Thanks,

Noah Kinard

There is such a thing as too simple, and I think these might be it. The forms are all a bit blobby; they're like Rorschach tests. Clean, crisp lines will only help your work look more professional. I'm not crazy about seeing the font in every concept so far. But even the few times you switch it up, you've opted for fonts that are hard to read. Your Bulls scripts reads like BVLLS and, with the black letter font you used, the T in the Timberwolves concept reads more like a lowercase R.

6 minutes ago, NoahKinard said:

These are definitely simplistic, and I think you've accomplished that nicely. What I think you've lost from your original goal is the team. Every NBA team has its own style and personality. You've given us six logo sets, five of which are black and white. While it works for Brooklyn, I can't imagine the Celtics not wearing green or the Bulls not wearing red.

Another thing that is lacking here is consistency. You've used three different fonts each for the Bulls and Celtics and three different deer for the Bucks. On the other hand, you seem to be using that same font in all your designs; maybe it's just part of your presentation, but it's factored in to the secondary identities for the Jazz and Nets as well.

Some more individual critiques: the Bulls logo is great as a minimalist design, but doesn't read very easily as a bull; the Celtics seem to have been reduced to letters (other than the basketball/clover in the middle, which assuming it is that, looks great); I like your take on the Jazz note, but with two notes, it no longer reads as a J; the Bucks seem to lack a coherent identity due to so many deer (and the one on the right looks like it's about to get crushed by that giant block M on its head); I know there's not many different directions you can go with the name Nets, but it seems very repetitive, though the hoop integrated into the N in the primary is creative; and as @officeglenn mentioned, the T in Timberwolves looks like an r, and I don't think what you tried to do with the eyes on the wolf works very well.

Overall, these are good designs, and for the most part accomplished what you wanted to accomplish, just your perspective might have been off. With a few tweaks (and a few colors), these could be a lot better.

6 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

There is such a thing as too simple, and I think these might be it. The forms are all a bit blobby; they're like Rorschach tests. Clean, crisp lines will only help your work look more professional. I'm not crazy about seeing the font in every concept so far. But even the few times you switch it up, you've opted for fonts that are hard to read. Your Bulls scripts reads like BVLLS and, with the black letter font you used, the T in the Timberwolves concept reads more like a lowercase R.

The font is more there just to indicate the team name. My original goal was just to create logo marks, but I don't believe its right for me to assume everyone knows what team I am referring to so I opted for the same font to use for all of them. I agree the U is a little lofty but I can read the T just fine. I appreciate the feedback. 

5 minutes ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

These are definitely simplistic, and I think you've accomplished that nicely. What I think you've lost from your original goal is the team. Every NBA team has its own style and personality. You've given us six logo sets, five of which are black and white. While it works for Brooklyn, I can't imagine the Celtics not wearing green or the Bulls not wearing red.

Another thing that is lacking here is consistency. You've used three different fonts each for the Bulls and Celtics and three different deer for the Bucks. On the other hand, you seem to be using that same font in all your designs; maybe it's just part of your presentation, but it's factored in to the secondary identities for the Jazz and Nets as well.

Some more individual critiques: the Bulls logo is great as a minimalist design, but doesn't read very easily as a bull; the Celtics seem to have been reduced to letters (other than the basketball/clover in the middle, which assuming it is that, looks great); I like your take on the Jazz note, but with two notes, it no longer reads as a J; the Bucks seem to lack a coherent identity due to so many deer (and the one on the right looks like it's about to get crushed by that giant block M on its head); I know there's not many different directions you can go with the name Nets, but it seems very repetitive, though the hoop integrated into the N in the primary is creative; and as @officeglenn mentioned, the T in Timberwolves looks like an r, and I don't think what you tried to do with the eyes on the wolf works very well.

Overall, these are good designs, and for the most part accomplished what you wanted to accomplish, just your perspective might have been off. With a few tweaks (and a few colors), these could be a lot better.

I appreciate the feedback and maybe I do go a bit overboard with the strict color scheme I gave myself. I admit I would be baffled if all or most of the team had the same color schemes utilized. I think, going forward, I will create only one concept for each team. I had an original Celtics "C" for inside a clover which I'm thinking now, would have been a better option. All critiques mentioned on this post from the feedback will be taken into consideration and a few different design iterations are in order.

Thanks,

Noah Kinard

I've always enjoyed simplistic logo redesignes, as like you mentioned they rarely differ much from the originals. I think these are all pretty good and unique. But I think the lack of color is the only downfall.

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

39 minutes ago, alexandre said:

I mean this as a compliment when I say that they all look like excellent logos for speakers, or performance clothing or the like. 

Appreciated! I originally made them to look good on something like that. I has snapbacks in mind but I could them being used on those things as well

Thanks,

Noah Kinard

My first initial thought was NBA teams as Coffee house logos. When it comes to that these are great.

When it comes to them being NBA sports logos I would lean away from them.

Overall though, these are still very nice and clean! 

Archived