Vince Carter

lopernv

What I meant by that was that Vince Carter is simply T-Mac's cousin and is really not that good. A good dunker, yes. A decent player, maybe. A team guy, no way. So I'm really not compelled either way to be happy pr sad for god 'ol VC.

OUT.

dodgers-1.png

and now it is out int he open, he'll be gone in a week and everyone will feel duped becasue of it.

I will say this for him, he gave the club a superstar to build true interest around, redesign the Raptors image (Don't tell me that Vince didn't help sell alot of the new uniforms) and help make the club better. I don't see alot of other Toronto players (except for the Leafs golf tourney) with their own charity games.

lately thought, it's getting tot he point where Toronto may be better off trading him and building again. The franchise has been built around Carter, but alot of his support staff is gone, the young guys need room to grow into their own superstars, and Vince may not be hte best guy to lead them.

I am a Vince fan, the only Basketball anything I own is a VC jersey. I'd love to see him stay, but him leaving may be the best thing for hte team, and in the end, thats what's most important

I'd love to see him stay, but him leaving may be the best thing for hte team, and in the end, thats what's most important

Sounds good to me.

Apparently VC wants to be traded to New York (and who can blame him? ^_^ )... it would be a miracle if Isiah can make that happen instead of Jamal Crawford or Antoine Walker.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I am a Vince fan, the only Basketball anything I own is a VC jersey. I'd love to see him stay, but him leaving may be the best thing for hte team, and in the end, thats what's most important

Actually, what's best for the team on the court may not be what's best for the team in general.

As I've stated earlier, more important to consider when attempting to replace Vince Carter would be to bring in a guy who can capture the imagination of Toronto sports fans. Even if they don't win any more games in his first season, they'd need to have a guy who can put butts in seats.

Even if they lost Vince for a "better" player (like, say, an Andrei Kirilenko type player), they'd lose the tickets that are sold even by the Vince Carter name ('cause his performance lately hasn't been exciting enough to draw great crowds... Vince... go back to attacking the basket... get over your fear of injury. Start jumping over and around guys instead of bombing threes with your feet way out in front and landing on ankles).

Overall, I'm thrilled to see him stay (assuming the report is true). Hopefully Araujo will become the inside presence they need. With a good chance of Mo-Pete sticking around (hopefully the future three-point threat/role player), and with Bosh doing the inside scoring, Araujo doing the inside banging, Jalen (and Milt Palacio, possible PG of the future) doing the distributing, and Vince doing the basket-attacking, I have high hopes for the future of this club.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Even though I would like to see him stay, I am 99.999999999% sure he is gone, or has at least asked to be traded. He has several opportunities to dismiss rumours about his future whereabouts, and not once has even disregarded them. His usual answer is "No comment." I think it is obvious he or his agent has asked for a trade. :cry:

Archived