Clemens Ejected From Son's Game

bosox

Article

CRAIG, Colo. - Houston Astros (news) pitcher Roger Clemens was asked to leave a youth baseball game over the weekend for arguing a close call that went against his son's team.

Clemens was at the game Saturday watching his son, Kacy, compete in a 10-and-under game organized by Triple Crown Sports when Clemens contested a call at second base that went against the Katy Cowboys.

He spit sunflower seeds at an umpire's leg and was asked to leave, said Jim Carpenter, a field supervisor with Triple Crown.

:D 10 and under and he was arguing? That's sad, yet funny.

I'm not entirely convinced that he spit the seed husk intentionally. His otherwise calm demeanor and lack of any emotion before and after the incident suggest that he may not have meant any malice in the errant projection of the unwanted husk. Sounds to me like the umpire wanted to be a big shot more than anything else. Even the opposing coach admitted that the ump messed up the call, so I think the chances are just as good that the ump made a mountain out of a molehill in an effort to deflect attention away from his gaffe.

I'm not entirely convinced that he spit the seed husk intentionally. His otherwise calm demeanor and lack of any emotion before and after the incident suggest that he may not have meant any malice in the errant projection of the unwanted husk. Sounds to me like the umpire wanted to be a big shot more than anything else. Even the opposing coach admitted that the ump messed up the call, so I think the chances are just as good that the ump made a mountain out of a molehill in an effort to deflect attention away from his gaffe.

I read today that he wasn't even aware that the call happened as he was signing autographs....

I'm not entirely convinced that he spit the seed husk intentionally.  His otherwise calm demeanor and lack of any emotion before and after the incident suggest that he may not have meant any malice in the errant projection of the unwanted husk.  Sounds to me like the umpire wanted to be a big shot more than anything else.  Even the opposing coach admitted that the ump messed up the call, so I think the chances are just as good that the ump made a mountain out of a molehill in an effort to deflect attention away from his gaffe.

I read today that he wasn't even aware that the call happened as he was signing autographs....

That's what I heard too. I don't know if any of you have seen this article yet, but here's MLB.com's perspective on it:

Roger Clemens Article

Yeah. It's not like he was hurling a broken piece of northern ash that a tree died to make a bat for at a catcher from a cross-town franchise.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived