MLS by Nike

infernoqueso

I recently got a burst of inspiration when watching some soccer, to redesign the uniforms in the MLS.  My main goal is to give each team a unique identity that could stand the test of time, as the MLS progresses into a bright future.  Seeing as one day Nike may become interested in becoming the league's uniform provider, I used a Nike template modified for my use on paint.net.  I plan on releasing a primary and clash kit for each team.  Without further ado, the first team, Atlanta United.  

On the primary kit there is not a huge change, other than becoming predominately black, and adjusting to the Nike template.  The Unite and Conquer slogan is featured on the back neck. I made Black is an emphasis for Atlanta United, due to an abundance of red in the MLS.  That became a motivator for the clash kit.  I envisioned this kit as almost an homage to the predominately black Falcons identity of the 90's and 2000's.   Black and white has not been used by an MLS team in recent years and a new team like Atlanta could be just the team to do it.  I will move on alphabetically with the next team being the Chicago Fire.  Feedback and critique is appreciated.  

591110e5dec84_atlantaunitedhome2.png.24db94a97318e7c5b430eb19dfb0c577.png591110e5577b0_atlantaunitedaway2.png.864ff780e1c7808a03df6fd96c1dc4c0.png

Just a few minor edits, put the MLS patch on one sleeve but not both.  Looks cluttered.

also, on the change kit, I know you were going with the black and white style, but MLS seems pretty team specific on patch colors, so maybe have the same colors on the shield on both kits.

otherwise, great work.

So for the next team is the Chicago Fire.  their main kit is a adaption of their traditional home kit, to the Nike template with some additions.  An extra outline added to the middle stripe, and the Chicago four stars on the back.  The clash is a totally new direction from the grey monstrosities, and the Chicago themed clash kits.  This one is more in line with their colors, and sets them apart from other teams, through a unique striping pattern.  The design is such a curve I would like to think represents the windy city, through the curving of the stripe across the front of the kit.  The next team is the Colorado Rapids.  

59111356768a9_chicagofirehome2.png.0ac2890af55c6aa11d3951fa0c11dea4.png59111355bff4a_vhicagofireaway2.png.1c703f7c4f727b9b6198cc3a53d5ffa4.png

On 5/8/2017 at 7:15 AM, AstroBull21 said:

Just a few minor edits, put the MLS patch on one sleeve but not both.  Looks cluttered.

also, on the change kit, I know you were going with the black and white style, but MLS seems pretty team specific on patch colors, so maybe have the same colors on the shield on both kits.

otherwise, great work.

that's the MLS standard though.

league patch on both sleeves.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

that's the MLS standard though.

league patch on both sleeves.

Ah gotcha, didn't realize that.  Thanks for the clarification.

Still looks cluttered :)

• 2 weeks later...

So the next team is the Colorado Rapids.  they have established a classic look in the MLS with a maroon primary and state flag secondary.  I kept with this tradition, adding my own twist to it.  The primary receives a sublimation pulled from the mountain on the crest.  Stripes of supporters' flags are added to the neck in a similar fashion to the Barcelona kits.  The clash, based off the flag, has the state flag sublimated into its pattern.  Badges are recolored to match the uniform as well.  Same neck striping from the primary is carried from the primary.  The next team will be Columbus Crew SC. 

5920d076675c6_coloradorapidshome.png.f0826d1957a015bf37d6eab29596228f.png5920d075a0d9e_coloradorapidsaway.png.c71e166ff235e03011cf77dbcf82cce1.png

Not bad! I've never been a fan of the Rapids in yellow, but these aren't terrible.

The yellow Rapids kits bring up my number one dislike about soccer: the jerseys almost never match. The identity is always too spread out.

If you were to make the yellow kit in regular Rapids colors, it'd be 10 times better.

EDIT: Yeah, this does seem like one of my concepts on here.

Those Rapids concepts are very unoriginal IMO. The home kit is eerily similar to one of my recent concepts that I posted on here (not sure if that was intentional or not), and the away kit is basically a mash up of their current away kit and the previous version. I'd just suggest showing some more creativity and originality. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived